suisuki

Chrome Won't Get ya' home
Here's what I did to get the tire and gear box to play nice. You can see why the fj60 box wouldn't work for me the tie rod would hit the sector shaft or pitman.

P1010310.jpg

P1010317.jpg

suisuki

Of course the frame will be fully plated in and out around where the gearbox notch is and back past the panhard frame mount (the one pictured is a temp) and in fact there will also be a winch plate that will run from rail to rail and fully box the entire front section together so I'm not worried about the gear box twisting the frame.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
What kind of motor mounts do you have? I worry a bit about that pulley hitting the frame when the mounts flex. Otherwise, it's shaping up nicely. (and very tight, which can be good or a major PITA!)

Coco

I AM LOVING THIS PROJECT!!!

Makes me want to cut my rear fenders on mine, and push my rear axle clear out! But I would cut the rear fenders just for looks, if you are going to be running that rear axle out that far.

Oh and PS, my sami is next!:p

suisuki

What kind of motor mounts do you have? I worry a bit about that pulley hitting the frame when the mounts flex. Otherwise, it's shaping up nicely. (and very tight, which can be good or a major PITA!)

Thanks

I'm using polyurithane (sp?) yj spring bushings in 1.5x.120 tube sleaved inside with 3/4" tube with a 5/8ths bolt running through it:very little give. The motor is practicaly ridged mounted I don't think it's going to move much. Going to be a vibrating mother though I'll bet.

Hard to tell in the pic but the pulley cleared that tube before the notch (with zero clearence) there's more than 3/8's between the pulley and the frame so it should be ok ,we'll see.

Time will tell. (3/8ths doesn't sound like much)

P1010162.jpg

Last edited:

suisuki

I AM LOVING THIS PROJECT!!!

Makes me want to cut my rear fenders on mine, and push my rear axle clear out! But I would cut the rear fenders just for looks, if you are going to be running that rear axle out that far.

Oh and PS, my sami is next!:p

Thanks,
You'll have to wait too see what I do with the fenders
Bring your sami and your pocket book then we'll talk.

suisuki

I plated the gearbox notch and added a gusset to the top of the panhard bracket. I also welded the frame up and caped the bumper off.
P1010335.jpg

suisuki

Made some upper shock mount tabs
P1010341.jpg

bent up some shock hoops and got them on and adjusted
P1010342.jpg

From the front, the hoops will get a brace between them as well as getting tied into the fender tube work.
P1010343.jpg

Last edited:

crazyyo

this is looking really good....what is your overall wheel base..i might have missed it here somewere .....you going to tie those shock hoops together?