Lifelong Jeeper

*update*

On a positive note, I was able to order my wheels today. They are Raceline forged 17x10" beadlocks. Got them directly from raceline for a pretty good price and the best part is they were actually on the shelf and ready to ship!

229.jpg

Sexy!

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Wheels showed up friday. They look great and are going to be a total PITA to mount:greg:

002-5.jpg

001-10.jpg

The MTR measured right at 42.5" with 8psi:eek:
007-8.jpg

GOAT

Back from the beyond
*happy happy, joy joy*

My coilovers and drive flanges arrived today! Thanks to summit machine and poly performance, my project is moving forward.

001-11.jpg

003-10.jpg

002-6.jpg

GOAT

Back from the beyond
That's some wonderful stuff you have there. If there is any place to spend money, you got good quality stuff with it. Lookin good!

thanks, it's been a long time in the making.

I can not wait to see this thing all set up, going to be killer!:cool:[/QUOTE]

i hope so. btw, your rig looked sh*t hot at EJS! you definitely scored by hooking up with jeff.

[quote="Herzog, post: 687760"]This thread is officially too shiny. :p[/QUOTE]

Ha ha. It may get worse...........

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Well, im getting to the point where all the parts need to start coming together. the more and more i look at it, the more i think it may need to go another direction. the tub is trashed and its time to either replace it or take the saw to it. not exactly sure of which, but ive been combing through the pirate TJ build thread and starting to like the idea of turning it into a juggy.

What do you think of trent mcgees TJ based buggy build?
juggy.jpg

131_0811_15_z2008_ultimate_adventur.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mierdota

i like the juggy idea that tj is sweet i would go for it if you have the time and the money. If not i have a few tubs that are in good shape

GOAT

Back from the beyond
i like the juggy idea that tj is sweet i would go for it if you have the time and the money. If not i have a few tubs that are in good shape

definitely leaning towards backhalving it. I have been following this build closely and really like what he did with the dovetail, boatsides and cage.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=740981

Oh, and those tubs. May be interested in some parts. Any windshield frames?

Thanks,
Marcus

Bart

That's a nice looking TJ for sure. There was a blue TJ in Moab over the weekend, with full widths and a 5.3 that was extremely sweet. Very low and 40s I think. Wish I had taken pictures. Had LANDCRUISER NW on the side of the hood and with the Cruise Fest guys, much to the dismay of many Yota owners from what I heard.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
After spending all of saturday working on the towrig, i was able to get out to the garage for some work on the jeep today. (thanks kiel)

I tore down and washed the 70, installed a 1350 flange on the T-case and welded up the "orb of traction" (finally overheated my welder). This week will be spent collecting my finished 60/70 R&P, Locker installs and driveshafts at the shop:cool:

It will move soon-_-

One smooth operator
003-12.jpg

004-9.jpg

002-8.jpg

Had to huck this turd into the truck myself:eek:
006-9.jpg

GOAT

Back from the beyond
May have missed the RME memorial day run, but im getting closer. It may actually move under its own power this long weekend

Picked up my axle and shaft from Gaylons today.
001-12.jpg

Also found a sweet deal on some spacers on ebay:cool:
003-13.jpg