Bart

Diggin it! Nice and it's coming right along. Be patient and do it right. It will look cool with the LJ tub on it. What will you do the front fenders? Maybe do a homebuilt highline hood???

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Looks good, where we going this weekend

Love it. Low profile TJ's look so damn good. You're pulling it off man... keep going!

Diggin it! Nice and it's coming right along. Be patient and do it right. It will look cool with the LJ tub on it. What will you do the front fenders? Maybe do a homebuilt highline hood???

Even with the bondo tub, it looks damn good!!!

that is one sexy rig. Keep it up!

Wow. I'm impressed. Can't wait to see action pics/video.

Thanks guys, I definitely appreciate the encouragement. Over the last few months I've let a few things distract me from the build, but this helps me to regain focus.

Its kinda short lived though as I have to tear everything apart and swap the tub, then tube it out and install the coilovers. As bart said, I am glad that i waited and started buying better parts and not cutting corners.

I will try and source a tub next. If I cannot get an LJ tub, ill just go TJ. I am also going to run a chris durham hood and grille with either tub and ditch the tube fenders.

thanks again

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Marcus,
Just out of curiosity, what coils are those that are on there now?

played out 4" procomp coils

Two more dumb questions. How much bow does that driverside coil have?

How are you planning on clearing the tub in the rear on uptravel? Just cut the tub?

not that much, but i cut a hell of a lot off the pumpkin. Not sure on what im going to do with the rear. may narrow, may just leave it. wont know for a week or two;)

mierdota

i have been trying to find you an lj tub but have had no luck at all, looks like your going to have to put 2 tubs together :)

GOAT

Back from the beyond
35s & swb
IMG_2202.jpg

35s & 100"
IMG_2550.jpg

42s & 112"
001-17.jpg

four year evolution

Last edited by a moderator:

LT.

I know that we all would like to have a good looking rig while out on the trail but, I really like the way your rig looks now. I would be tempted to leave it scuffed so that when you do wheel it hard you may not be too afraid to try a tough line for fear of body damage. Just a thought.

LT.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
i have been trying to find you an lj tub but have had no luck at all, looks like your going to have to put 2 tubs together :)

i really appreciate you checking into that. i may indeed just go with another TJ tub depending on the next week or so.

Absolutely beautiful. Great work!

thanks, for the compliments. it has its good and bad, and sometimes i find myself focusing on the bad too often.

I know that we all would like to have a good looking rig while out on the trail but, I really like the way your rig looks now. I would be tempted to leave it scuffed so that when you do wheel it hard you may not be too afraid to try a tough line for fear of body damage. Just a thought.

LT.

I hear you on that one. the issue im faced with is the tub is so jacked that it seems a bit of a waste put the effort into installing boatside and a cage. I'm pretty tough on my rigs with really no regard for body damage, it probably won't stay nice for long:p

mierdota

i really appreciate you checking into that. i may indeed just go with another TJ tub depending on the next week or so.

I have 2 tubs if you need one let me know or i can probably get you one from that other place for pretty cheap. I think you can handle putting 2 tubs together after seeing the work you have done so far it should be a breeze

GOAT

Back from the beyond
sorry brother. i have something pending that is keeping me from tearing the rig down any further. I need it run and move right now.

soon