Project Toyota Crusher

big cherokee

a.r.c fabrication
well lets just say i ran my yota with a auto 22re on 37s to moab doing 70mph the whole time (even soldier summit) and even pulled close to 20mpg.

i have had xjs to and love the straight six motor, i would own one over a v6 yota any day (talking 3.0l).

but for the price you can lift a yota alot cheaper, they have a frame, no need to get rid of the rear axle right off the bat, dana 35s are a joke.

my cherokee on 35s i took it out the first time and blew up the dana 30 also.

jeeps do ride better and have more get up and go.

so thats why my yota now has a 4.3 vortec in it. :rofl:

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
yeah jeeps suck, you should sell it and get a 30 year old toyota with 17 horsepower and a 100000000000000000:1 crawl ratio cause those are the best:rolleyes:

while i disagree with the d30 thing altogether, just let the yota guys talk crap, you can do a trail they can't- it's called the fast lane :rofl:

your right! you win! you could blow right by me on the freeway!
you keep building yours for the freeway & Ill keep playing on the ROKS!
(you dont have to use that 4x4 button if you dont want to)
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

snowboard3r411

hey now theres no such thing as a built dana30.
And jeeps are great reliable rigs, just as soon as you swap out the axles, motor, tranny, and t-case.
oh man this one makes me laugh cause my buddies 85 toyota has a cracked block my buddys 92 4 runner blew a axle shaft going up vail, my other buddies 02 taco is on its 3rd ifs lift kit. my jeep has yet to be broke down. my built jeep dose 75 down the high i well pass a yota on the high way and drive over it on the trail. every truck has to have something swapped out they did come off the factory floor clawler ready. but atleast jeep didnt go ifs till like 2 years ago and totoya dropped the solid axle in like 87 :rofl:

Chevycrew

The same can be said about jeeps, just depends which way the wind is blowing when you pee.

This is as bad as the ford vs chevy vs dodge for a tow rig!

snowboard3r411

haha i know i know lol but any way lets just get back on topic here and screw the whole truck battles they all take dana 60s and 40's to get them as cralwers lol:rofl:

snowboard3r411

for all you yota guys i came across a good deal today i might buy this yota truggy for 250 bucks it would be alot of work but i think im going to buy it and put a v8 in it heres the pics

toyota1.jpg

toyota2.jpg

toyota.jpg

the interior is 100% complete and perfect and has fenders but i would need a 22r i think thats what was in it and a front gril if any u yota guys have one

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
i can't resist i have to put in a plug for the yota's and my 3.0L i run 4.10s 35's and i do what ever speed on the freeway usually 75, and i goo most everywhere i try on the trail, anyways we need more pics of this jeep and build info

NOTATOY

BACKYARD CUSTOMZ
My toy is OHV only but I built my pops a toy with a 22re 220,000 miles on it and 38" SS and have no problem doing 85 mph on the freeway. I just find it interesting that after all of this thread you are looking at a Toy Truggy:D

snowboard3r411

its really really clean the intrior is 100% there and mint i think im just going to buy it. i have a 14 bolt just sitting here i would throw on it. and one know where a good yota motor is?? i dont even know what these come with

iamsparticus

motor options

its really really clean the intrior is 100% there and mint i think im just going to buy it. i have a 14 bolt just sitting here i would throw on it. and one know where a good yota motor is?? i dont even know what these come with

hahahah thats funny well that is a 2nd gen toyota truck that came with either a 3.0L V6 or a 22RE 4cyl or the next gen 4cyl cant remember when the 4cyl changed from the 22re .Technically you could put a 3.4L in with a little work, which is better than the 3.0L V6 or you could put in just about anything else:greg:. It all depends how much money you want to spend, 3.0L or a 4cyl will be the cheapest option but a 3.4L V6 would be better and not much more expensive:-\ My advice is find out what came with it stock and go with that so there is little mods needed to make it work, throw the 14bolt under it with a yota axle up front or a D44 and leafs or coils,and gear it low with 37's and lockers and wheel the crap out of it:rofl:

Last edited:

Bart

I know where there's a set of Dodge 1 tons, passenger side drop. 4.88 gears. They were from a dually, ugly outside but clean inside. $500.

snowboard3r411

hahahah thats funny well that is a 2nd gen toyota truck that came with either a 3.0L V6 or a 22RE 4cyl or the next gen 4cyl cant remember when the 4cyl changed from the 22re .Technically you could put a 3.4L in with a little work, which is better than the 3.0L V6 or you could put in just about anything else:greg:. It all depends how much money you want to spend, 3.0L or a 4cyl will be the cheapest option but a 3.4L V6 would be better and not much more expensive:-\ My advice is find out what came with it stock and go with that so there is little mods needed to make it work, throw the 14bolt under it with a yota axle up front or a D44 and leafs or coils,and gear it low with 37's and lockers and wheel the crap out of it:rofl:
thanks for the facts its a 89 if that helps figure out what motor was in it. also was a 5 spd

iamsparticus

x2
oh and if it was a 22re it will be a manuel unless it was turbo'd then it was a auto or if it is the V6 then it could be auto or manuel

Last edited:

snowboard3r411

no go on the yota sticking with my jeep but heres some pics of my other rides just got times and rims on both
picture up dates
nice tires and rims woot woot
eeed.jpg

cdfc.jpg

also but my tires off the manche on my 2 door
grgre.jpg

rfgg.jpg