Protests

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight

I work for myself, and work out doors, so life has been pretty much business as usual for me, with no real consequences to the lockdown. But if my business had to close its doors because public policy took a no-compromise approach to Covid - unless it’s something socially imperative like protests, as opposed to economic security for millions of Americans - I would be ticked at the double standard of some of these folks.

Noahfecks

El Destructo!
Well if it's Delta and Montrose the protests are just protests, we don't tolerate that rioting shit in Western CO. Likely that the "protests" are against social distancing or the riots or some mandate by Gov Shutz.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Well if it's Delta and Montrose the protests are just protests, we don't tolerate that rioting shit in Western CO. Likely that the "protests" are against social distancing or the riots or some mandate by Gov Shutz.
You can't fool me. I've seen your Western Slope hippies and pot-heads in action before.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
It's blatantly obvious that media leverages and sensationalizes these things. I don't get how that's not an obvious thing?

Where I get stuck is when I see folks start with the assumption that the media is fanning the flames for their own benefit and then arrive at the conclusion that the things the media is inflaming must not be happening or aren't important in their own right. YMMV.

Houndoc

Where I get stuck is when I see folks start with the assumption that the media is fanning the flames for their own benefit and then arrive at the conclusion that the things the media is inflaming must not be happening or aren't important in their own right. YMMV.
Good insight. I really comes down to a mentality of "what I see personally must be reality".

If I am not black man facing daily racism or police harassment, then black men have nothing to complain about.
If a member of my family hasn't died of COVID, it must be an exaggeration to change to election or take away my freedom.

It rather absurd really.

As hard as it can be, we all need to do better at recognizing that our personal experience is not the reality for everyone.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Good insight. I really comes down to a mentality of "what I see personally must be reality".

Some of us are working with more and different information than others, so obviously there are going to be some differences in how we see the world and the events going on around us.

If I am not black man facing daily racism or police harassment, then black men have nothing to complain about.

Nobody said this or has this sentiment. You made this assumption. What some of us are saying is that there are people who have an interest in causing a DIVIDE in humans. Every race has their unique set of problems, none more important than the other. We are all on this planet together. You are the one falling for the "OMG there's racists everywhere!" story line.

If a member of my family hasn't died of COVID, it must be an exaggeration to change to election or take away my freedom.

How dare people think outside the narrative and consider alterior consequences? Have lives been lost? Yes. But the DATA shows that this whole thing has been a farce. I thought you were more of a scientist, look at the data!

I can't fathom losing a family member to this bullshit and I feel horrible for those who have, especially those in the RME family. No words are going to make that better. But neither is putting your head in the sand and just accepting the narrative.

I'll echo: "It's rather absurd really."

All that said, we totally have different views on many things and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I rather enjoy the back and forth communications with people of differing views and I think it's important. Let's just drop the gas-lighting techniques, ok?

Last edited:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Some of us are working with more and different information than others, so obviously there are going to be some differences in how we see the world and the events going on around us.

I find it interesting that some of the things that have been called a conspiracy theory over the last 2 years have played out to have a lot of truth to them. Usually the louder the yelling of conspiracy, the more truth there was.

:spork: :spork: :spork: :spork: :spork: :spork: :spork: :spork: :spork: :spork: :spork: :spork: :spork: :cool::cool::cool::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa::usa:

J-mobzz

I saw a pretty good size of protestors in NSL yesterday doing a march. Even had a few officers in uniform walking with signs. Not gonna lie it put an unstoppable smile on my face and I totally wanted to high 5 those guys.