Protests

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
You're probably right about my knowledge of Colorado's diverse regions (mountains, desert, plains, and pot? ). While I'm sure my knowledge of geography isn't on par with yours, I do enjoy a good challenge. We should do a live geography bowl on zoom or something for charity! You in?

Also, I don't think we covered the specific regions of Colorado in elementary geography... In Utah. So that's not exactly fair.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
All I know is science is the devil trying to cast doubt in the minds of the weak.

Anyway, there is a large organized protest a block from my brewery today. Hopefully they keep their chill on or I may have to call in our Colorado cavalry to protect us all.

Last edited:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Lets not get lost in the weeds debating terminology. Geology/geography/astronomy/astrology, its all the same.

Geometry, man.
simple-geometry-316601.jpg

J-mobzz

So something brought to my attention this morning that I thought was crazy enough I had to google myself.

Hours of education to graduate police academy in Utah. 832 while some academies in Utah showing as little as 542 hours to be eligible to be an officer.

Hours of education to be a licensed barber in the state of Utah. 1000

Yes we actually require more education to cut hair than we do to be a police officer.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
So something brought to my attention this morning that I thought was crazy enough I had to google myself.

Hours of education to graduate police academy in Utah. 832 while some academies in Utah showing as little as 542 hours to be eligible to be an officer.

Hours of education to be a licensed barber in the state of Utah. 1000

Yes we actually require more education to cut hair than we do to be a police officer.
1000 hours and I still get a bad haircut. Maybe education isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Houndoc

You are the one falling for the "OMG there's racists everywhere!" story line.

I took the weekend to think on this instead of replying on Friday when I first read Herzog's post.

Are there "racists everywhere"? I guess that depends on how you define "a racists" If that definition is applied only to men in white hoods or marchers shouting "Jews will not replace us", then the answer is no. Fortunately that extreme fringe is fairly rare, although still too common.

But what about those who find it acceptable when the crowd at a presidential rally chant "send her back" in reference to an African-born Member of Congress?

Or those who support Confederate statues that were built as symbols of intimidation to black Americans?

Or those who either accept or promote racially-based falsehoods during debates on immigration?

We see all those things around us on a regular basis.

In many cases the people in those categories do not have racism as the heart of who they are (unlike a KKK member), so perhaps to label them as "a racists" is too harsh.

But as I read and listen to the experiences of black Americans, both around the nation and here in Utah, including close friends, the mistreatment that they continue to experience is heartbreaking. The same can be said of other minority groups as well.

So, perhaps it is not true that "racists" are everywhere, but sadly "racism" is.

My hope is that if we stop denying that racism is still a problem we can do more to fix it.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
But what about those who find it acceptable when the crowd at a presidential rally chant "send her back" in reference to an African-born Member of Congress?

The lady that married her brother in order to skirt immigration laws? That has nothing to do with her skin color and more to do with her disdain of America. Americans have no "skin color".

Or those who support Confederate statues that were built as symbols of intimidation to black Americans?

Built by southern Democrats. Do you even know the history of the KKK? Founded by Albert Pike, a 33rd degree of the Scottish rite of freemasonry and DEMOCRAT. Oh, he was also a confederate general. Huh, weird.

Or those who either accept or promote racially-based falsehoods during debates on immigration?

Examples? Are you referring to when MS-13 was referred to as "animals" but the media took it completely out of context?
"We see all those things around us on a regular basis." Yep, the media does this ALL the time.

In many cases the people in those categories do not have racism as the heart of who they are (unlike a KKK member), so perhaps to label them as "a racists" is too harsh.

You mean this KKK member? (Robert Byrd)
1591631946597.png

But as I read and listen to the experiences of black Americans, both around the nation and here in Utah, including close friends, the mistreatment that they continue to experience is heartbreaking. The same can be said of other minority groups as well.

I agree. There's mistreatment of alll kinds of groups, especially when you subscribe to group identity politics. How about we judge people based on their character and actions instead of their "Group".

Evil lives and thrives in an inverted world.

Last edited: