Proud father moments

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
The riding gear did its job. She has road rash on her left forearm and her left upper thigh has a real nasty looking rash. It will be an awesome bruise tomorrow. 😂
The visor on her helmet is scratched bad enough she will need to replace it. Her jacket is pretty torn up on the left arm. Haven’t looked close enough at it to know if it needs replacing. Can’t imagine how much worse this whole thing could have been.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I’m proud of how well Jack is handling challenges. We had the surgery on his hand last week to place 2 pins in his broken finger

IMG_8569.jpeg

Which was bad timing since we have had his oral surgery scheduled for 6 months to fix his upper jaw. His lower jaw grew much more during his last growth spurt that resulted in a severe underbite. This morning they went in and basically separated is upper jaw and pulled it forward. His moth is banded shut for the next 4 weeks and will be on a liquid diet.

One tough kid I am surprised how well he handles pain.

IMG_8584.jpeg

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I was watching Letterkenny last night, and my 5 y/o (the meatball torpedo) comes in and is "scared". I tell him he can lay down on the blankets at the foot of the bed. Usually he just falls asleep instantly and I move him back to his room a little later. Well, it's the episode about FartBook and every time they say fart or a particularly loud fart is heard, I hear him quietly giggle. About ten minutes later he stands up, looks at me with this wry grin, walks around to my side of the bed, bends over, farts a foot from my face, giggles, then goes and lays back down.

I'm convinced he's some sort of evil comedic genius. How does a 5 y/o have that natural understanding of delivery, pace, and execution?

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I've been told that girls college golf scholarships are the most under-used, and that basically any girl that can compete at a high school level can write their own ticket to just about anywhere they want..
Yes, but all scholarships are not created equal. The U doesn't have a women's golf program, but when I worked in Athletics lower level women's teams (swim, track) scholarships were a couple thousand bucks a year and books. Better than nothing, but certainly not a full ride.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
It has been made pretty clear from her coaches that she will pick the school she wants to attend with a full ride if she keeps the pace she is on now.
Having said that, the amount my brother is paying these coaches will likely be more than a 4 year degree by the time she is 18.
My brother thinks of it more as his 401k. He needs her to go pro to pay for his retirement, and she’s happy to help. She already took a corvette order from me! 😎

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
It has been made pretty clear from her coaches that she will pick the school she wants to attend with a full ride if she keeps the pace she is on now.
Having said that, the amount my brother is paying these coaches will likely be more than a 4 year degree by the time she is 18.
My brother thinks of it more as his 401k. He needs her to go pro to pay for his retirement, and she’s happy to help. She already took a corvette order from me! 😎

1687466583490.png

Go pick it up at the factory...(well, the museum)

Tonkaman

This one started as a proud dad but ended as a fail 😂

My daughter rides her dirtbike atleast 2x a week. Now that’s she’s 12 I’ve been making her prove to me that my time is not being wasted by doing all of the routine maintenance herself. After each ride she is responsible for washing the bike, changing the oil, and changing the air filter. I’ve been super impressed with her initiative to get it done so far this year.

This week her bike stalled while airborn at a race and would not restart. When I tried to kick it over it would rotate, but could tell right away it didn’t feel right.

Initial inspection shows the air filter wasn’t installed properly and let a bunch of dirt into the air box 😬 Honestly I’m not even upset, we’re just going to make this an opportunity to learn how the smallest details can have a big impact on how life goes.

View attachment 160988View attachment 160989View attachment 160990
Back to being reminded how proud I am with this kid. She has won enough races this year, that the contingency money payed for most of her engine rebuild parts. She earned $725 from KTM just since we signed her up this spring 😎 IMG_5345.jpeg

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Back to being reminded how proud I am with this kid. She has won enough races this year, that the contingency money payed for most of her engine rebuild parts. She earned $725 from KTM just since we signed her up this spring 😎 View attachment 161235
That’s awesome. The Edge let me use KTM Cash for anything in the dealership so I used it to buy PRP seats for my Heep

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I’m proud of how well Jack is handling challenges. We had the surgery on his hand last week to place 2 pins in his broken finger

View attachment 161076

Which was bad timing since we have had his oral surgery scheduled for 6 months to fix his upper jaw. His lower jaw grew much more during his last growth spurt that resulted in a severe underbite. This morning they went in and basically separated is upper jaw and pulled it forward. His moth is banded shut for the next 4 weeks and will be on a liquid diet.

One tough kid I am surprised how well he handles pain.

View attachment 161077
Follow up with the oral surgeon today and got to see the hardware.

IMG_8607.jpeg

RockChucker

We got our daughter a balance bike for her 2nd birthday last summer. It wasn’t long before she was ripping it around with feet off the ground. I picked up a cheap 12” bike and cleaned it up for her this summer. After about a 10 min transition to figure out pedaling she’s doing pretty dang good. Not bad for a 3 year old!

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Jonah decided he wanted to be on a mountain bike team this summer. He is in 7th grade but was able to join bonneville highs team.

They ride monday, Thursday, and Saturdays. Culminating in 3 races at the end of the season.

Today was his first race at Beaver Mountain.

I haven’t biked with him much this year. I recently went with him and he kicked my trash on the climbs!

He started towards the back of the pack and worked his way to 33rd out of almost 100 kids.

Proud Dad and a happy kid
IMG_1119.jpeg

His smile says it all
IMG_5538.png