Proud father moments

DAA

My 10 y/o hit an armbar on his sparring partner 2x in a row this week. He was stoked cause we worked on it after his class a couple days before. The kid was smaller than him but a higher belt so it was awesome.
Both boys are loving it and I’m still really enjoying watching their classes.
View attachment 165136
View attachment 165137

My Son got his black belt many years ago. He has since lost interest, but was pretty into it for four or five years. His first competition after earning his BB, he came right out of the gate and dropped a legit axe kick on a kid and made him cry in public. I'm still proud all these years later.

- DAA

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member

Cool to see you both out crawling in this vid!
Braxton when he hears them say she "dominates"
200w.gif

I'm jaykaying. But also I made it through a YT video and that's rare. I did it for Katelyn since we're homies

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
My Son got his black belt many years ago. He has since lost interest, but was pretty into it for four or five years. His first competition after earning his BB, he came right out of the gate and dropped a legit axe kick on a kid and made him cry in public. I'm still proud all these years later.

- DAA
that's so awesome. it's so crazy how black belts come at different rates in different martial arts. in BJJ (at least with Gracie Barra) it's 10-12 years!

DAA

Yeah, I almost forgot, it was Taekwando, not BJJ. It only took him like two years to get his BB. He notched up one or two degrees before he stopped doing it. He still pulls that crap out on me when I try to throw him in a pool or something like that. And I still get his skinny little ass thrown in the pool.

- DAA

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
No pics (cuz that's how I roll), but I drove down to Phoenix for an autocross event this weekend...my son and I both drove my car. It was a "school" deal so we both had instructors helping us....he learned faster/better than me apparently, since he beat my best time by nearly a second. He's getting fast! That makes me happy, plus my daughter said she wants to try racing as well. 😎 So that'll be happening next spring/summer most likely.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
No pics (cuz that's how I roll), but I drove down to Phoenix for an autocross event this weekend...my son and I both drove my car. It was a "school" deal so we both had instructors helping us....he learned faster/better than me apparently, since he beat my best time by nearly a second. He's getting fast! That makes me happy, plus my daughter said she wants to try racing as well. 😎 So that'll be happening next spring/summer most likely.
What kind of car are you driving for autocross?

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
If you or your son want autocross pointers, ask @bobn. He won dozens of autocross races in the early '70s in the most competitive region of the era, San Francisco. And he won the 1973 Regional and National championships in his class.

Times may have changed, but the fundamentals are the same. The last competitive season I participated in, 2018, he came out and raced my car a couple of times. I managed to beat him, but he still was taking second in class in an unfamiliar car.

I guess this is a "proud of my dad" post. 😁

IMG_6584.jpeg

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Carl didn’t get the memo that this was a serious picture. 😂

IMG_4778.jpeg

First ever autocross for me and Livy. What a blast. It is true, the kids beat us both. For whatever reason I couldn’t seem to keep the rear of the car in the rear where it belonged, so Livy ended up with faster times than me. Carl was just one of those mid life crisis corvette owners, stopping to smell all the roses. And Carson is just fast. It was awesome to watch him drive so well being so young.
We found another club racing this Saturday so we signed up last night. I got the bug bad. This little car is a hoot.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Carl didn’t get the memo that this was a serious picture. 😂

View attachment 166207

First ever autocross for me and Livy. What a blast. It is true, the kids beat us both. For whatever reason I couldn’t seem to keep the rear of the car in the rear where it belonged, so Livy ended up with faster times than me. Carl was just one of those mid life crisis corvette owners, stopping to smell all the roses. And Carson is just fast. It was awesome to watch him drive so well being so young.
We found another club racing this Saturday so we signed up last night. I got the bug bad. This little car is a hoot.
I suppose this is where I get to mention, that my "smell the roses" lap times were faster than Josh's lap times. ;)

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
My 9 year old changed the wheels and tires on my truck. (Under supervision) He only needed help mounting the new ones and with the torque wrench (You can't hit 160ft/lb when you're only 52lbs 😜).
20231106_162629.jpg

And my 6 year old organized and vacuumed what he calls my "pinchy stuff" drawer.
20231106_175223.jpg
Best dollar I've ever spent.

These kids are turning into happy workers.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
My 9 year old changed the wheels and tires on my truck. (Under supervision) He only needed help mounting the new ones and with the torque wrench (You can't hit 160ft/lb when you're only 52lbs 😜).
View attachment 166213

And my 6 year old organized and vacuumed what he calls my "pinchy stuff" drawer.
View attachment 166214
Best dollar I've ever spent.

These kids are turning into happy workers.
#slavelabor