Proud father moments

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Second race was Saturday at snowbasin. He was doing well and had made his way from starting at 33rd to roughly 25th. Then this happened

I was up the hill a ways and ran down. He was hurting pretty good but I helped get him composed. Lots of rash and a sore hip.
Race official was calling for the medic to come get him. I said no. He is going to finish. He says yep, I’m finishing. He hopped back on and made it.

Finished 35th. Guessing he was down for 4 minutes.

He is pretty bummed but I told him I was more proud of his 35th than his 33rd. He is learning some grit and toughness. Last year there is zero chance he would have got back on.
We watched a bunch of kids crash in the same spot.

But
Proud dad again

Last edited:

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I'm glad he continued. That's a hard thing to do.

My crash 2 years ago was probably pretty similar. Lame front tire slide, minimal theatrics, and a little rash.. but I can't get it out of my head. I have no desire to 'push' at all when riding.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Second race was Saturday at snowbasin. He was doing well and had made his way from starting at 33rd to roughly 25th. Then this happened

I was up the hill a ways and ran down. He was hurting pretty good but I helped get him composed. Lots of rash and a sore hip.
Race official was calling for the medic to come get him. I said no. He is going to finish. He says yep, I’m finishing. He hopped back on and made it.

He is pretty bummed but I told him I was more proud of his 35th than his 33rd. He is learning some grit and toughness. Last year there is zero chance he would have got back on.

But
Proud dad again
Crashing is easy, anyone can do it. Getting up and finishing takes grit. That's awesome. I like nothing in life more than watching kids overcome stuff like this. I doesn't get any better in my book.

Tonkaman

But
Proud dad again

This is the way. I’m with you, I’m way more proud when they dig down deep and persevere.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
My kids have done BJJ for all of 3 nights now but they went from saying it’s too hard to being all smiles. Tonight my 10 year old boy got lapel choked by an 8 year old girl that’s a gray belt (so she’s been doing it for at least 16 months). It gave me an opportunity to explain that BJJ was founded on that principle: a smaller opponent being able to prevail against a larger opponent- so that was cool. They totally understand that now and it makes me proudIMG_1569.png

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
My kids have done BJJ for all of 3 nights now but they went from saying it’s too hard to being all smiles. Tonight my 10 year old boy got lapel choked by an 8 year old girl that’s a gray belt (so she’s been doing it for at least 16 months). It gave me an opportunity to explain that BJJ was founded on that principle: a smaller opponent being able to prevail against a larger opponent- so that was cool. They totally understand that now and it makes me proudView attachment 164747
He should have kissed her. Looks like he could have. Lol.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Passing on knowledge to the younger
generation. My buddy learned to do a top
end on his KTM 50SX!
It was fun to watch him listen, follow
directions and struggle. He was so
independent; I only had to help a few times
breaking bolts loose, checking torque
specs and wrist pin clips (l don't even get
those right 1st try 😉.)
He didn't like scraping base gaskets at all. 😂
Started and ran great so I guess he did it
right!
20231003_160022.jpg20231003_163419.jpg

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
My 10 y/o hit an armbar on his sparring partner 2x in a row this week. He was stoked cause we worked on it after his class a couple days before. The kid was smaller than him but a higher belt so it was awesome.
Both boys are loving it and I’m still really enjoying watching their classes.
IMG_1627.jpeg
IMG_1628.jpeg