Quarterly 4x4 Training day - A RockyMountainExtreme event (noob run 3.0)

Team1k

I've never been to the sports park so forgive my ignorance but it sounds like we camp right next to the obstacle course? Are there bathroom facilities? I would be trailering my rig with an additional small tent trailer behind it. Would there be room to park all that in camp or do the tow rigs/my tent trailer have to stay out in the parking lot?

Thinking I may come but dont put me down for sure yet.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I've never been to the sports park so forgive my ignorance but it sounds like we camp right next to the obstacle course? Are there bathroom facilities? I would be trailering my rig with an additional small tent trailer behind it. Would there be room to park all that in camp or do the tow rigs/my tent trailer have to stay out in the parking lot?

Thinking I may come but dont put me down for sure yet.

Yeah we camp next to the off-road park. Last time there were a few people towing their rigs parked right where they camped and there was still room for some more trailers so you should be good to go.

sixstringsteve

IT sounds like we camp right next to the obstacle course?

That is correct.

Are there bathroom facilities?

There is an outhouse at the rock course where we will be camping. I believe there are restrooms near the indoor classroom. We are welcome to use the park's indoor restrooms, but they are a good walk from where we will be camping.

I would be trailering my rig with an additional small tent trailer behind it. Would there be room to park all that in camp or do the tow rigs/my tent trailer have to stay out in the parking lot?

There is plenty of room for your tow rig and trailers inside the course.

Are campfires allowed?

There will be a campfire. Last time that was enough for all the attendees. Since we're camping on a 4x4 course and not an established campground, we need to bring our own portable fire pits and keep all fires contained to those pits. Basically, by the end of saturday, nobody should be able to tell that people were camping there. We need to dump all the ashes at the end of the trip, and we need to bring our own firewood. Theie site has large trash cans all over, so we do not have to pack our trash out.

Bottom line: We will have a group fire, but you're welcome to bring your own wood and portable fire pit and clean up the ashes afterwards.

Team1k

Excellent! Thanks for the quick responses. I'll know for sure the beginning of january if im coming but I definitely am going to try my hardest to be there

sixstringsteve

It's crazy how much fun this event is. You'll meet a lot of great people and learn a TON. I've been wheeling for 8 years. I still walk away feeling from each of these amazed at how much I learned that weekend.

sixstringsteve

by the way, there are hotels available nearby. If you're not a camping guy/gal you can stay in town in Toelle and come back for breakfast in the morning.