Rattlesnake - Sun. 29th

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
If you guys go early enough, I'd be interested.....I've got to take the treck to Manti about 3:00-4:00 from there, but I could play until then.... {and I'll need a whole Jeep to do it----no damage ....}

mbryson

Supporting Member
Originally posted by demon jeep
How about 9 at the cross roads (redwood road and SR 73)

Works for me..........I'll post if something comes up....(welds start popping off my axle or something....(possible, but not likely))

T

Toby

Demon,

I'll talk to Pokey and the gang. Hopefully we can make it out. If the meeting place/time changes, let us know.

T

Toby

White = fun

White-out = ???

It's supposed to be the biggest storm of the year (so far). It's supposed to hit that morning. I suppose we'll find out when we get there. :D

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Can anyone give me better directions to the trailhead... I just performed a search and all I can find is that it is in the West Desert area...

Thanks in advance!:D

mbryson

Supporting Member
I plan on making a 'waypoint' when I get there. ( I try to do that for most of the trails that I find 'interesting', unless otherwise documented.......maybe that should be a thread...)

demon jeep

Banned
If you goto topo zone and find sunshine canyon. look to the east and you will see a wash ( it has a stream on the map and that is it Im going to GPS the trail so I can get it all documented and findout who owns what out there. But it is west of the Tooele co. line about 1.5 mls and there is a turn off were you can unload andthen it is another 3/4-1ml up to the hills.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
From I-15 in lehi, head west on hwy 73 (the exit with the old roller mill across from Albertsons).

Turn south on Redwood road. It is a somewhat bare intersection with a traffic light a ways after you start to clear the more populated area of lehi.

You will travel south along the lake's western shore for about 18 miles. Someone else who's been there can help me out on that distance.

Either way, after you pass mile marker 8, and about 1/3 mile north of MM 7, take a right turn on a dirt road. There is a farmhouse on the NW corner of this intersection.

The first rock formation is on your left about 3.5 miles west on this road. The second rock formation is about 1/2 to 3/4 mile west again, on the left.

Almost directly across from the second rock formation, looking north (and maybe a little west) you can see on the ridgeline the third and most challenging rock formation.

There is a road almost across from the 2nd formation's access trail. Although the road doesn't seem to take you to the 3rd formation, it does in a roundabout way.

hope that helps. It's not a gps coord, but it should give you a rough idea.

mbryson

Supporting Member
Originally posted by BlackSheep
From I-15 in lehi, head west on hwy 73 (the exit with the old roller mill across from Albertsons).

Turn south on Redwood road. It is a somewhat bare intersection with a traffic light a ways after you start to clear the more populated area of lehi.

You will travel south along the lake's western shore for about 18 miles. Someone else who's been there can help me out on that distance.

Either way, after you pass mile marker 8, and about 1/3 mile north of MM 7, take a right turn on a dirt road. There is a farmhouse on the NW corner of this intersection.

The first rock formation is on your left about 3.5 miles west on this road. The second rock formation is about 1/2 to 3/4 mile west again, on the left.

Almost directly across from the second rock formation, looking north (and maybe a little west) you can see on the ridgeline the third and most challenging rock formation.

There is a road almost across from the 2nd formation's access trail. Although the road doesn't seem to take you to the 3rd formation, it does in a roundabout way.

That sounds like great directions to 'Little Moab'. Sunshine Canyon/5 Mile area are 15 miles from there (as the crow flies), isn't it?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by BlackSheep

Is that to RattleSnake or Little Moab? Sounds like a great description of Little Moab.