Rattlesnake - Sun. 29th

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Originally posted by cruiseroutfit

Is that to RattleSnake or Little Moab? Sounds like a great description of Little Moab.

DOH!!!!!!!!
those directions are to little moab.....
sorry guys, don't know what I was thinking. can I retract my directions???

perhaps too much holiday merriment!!

hope you guys have fun anyway.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Cool picts... I still have no idea where this trail is. We ran out there saturday afternoon and found the trailhead without problems...(using the GPS coords.) from there we traveled East on the main dirt road...we ended up at the top of Manning canyon overlooking Ophir... From the trailhead (Where the BLM sign is) which direction do you head from there?...East to the base of the mountains and then turn Northward?...we turned southward and headed up that canyon towards the mine dumps...

I really wish I could have made it out there today with you guys...looks like you had a great time:D

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
(Where the BLM sign is) which direction do you head from there?...East to the base of the mountains and then turn Northward?...we turned southward and headed up that canyon towards the mine dumps

Rattlesnake is the canyon north of the one you went up. At the base of the hills you go north for about a 1/4 mile then go east.

I would have come if you guys went yesterday
Hey what's with the tow strap? :D

http://www.passionfish.com/~mike/Jeep-pix/DSCN2966.JPG

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Cool picts... I still have no idea where this trail is. We ran out there saturday afternoon and found the trailhead without problems...(using the GPS coords.) from there we traveled East on the main dirt road...we ended up at the top of Manning canyon overlooking Ophir... From the trailhead (Where the BLM sign is) which direction do you head from there?...East to the base of the mountains and then turn Northward?...we turned southward and headed up that canyon towards the mine dumps...

I really wish I could have made it out there today with you guys...looks like you had a great time:D

We were waiting for the 'yota contingent.........IT was a bunch of us wimpy Jeeps and only one was a station wagon (complete with chillin' and a soccer ball)

P

pokeyYJ

Talk about doing the waterfall with style, this is by far my favorite pic from today!!!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by WayneXJ
Rattlesnake is the canyon north of the one you went up. At the base of the hills you go north for about a 1/4 mile then go east.

I would have come if you guys went yesterday

To the North eh? That is what I figured, we tried to drop in that canyon after we were up on top we ended up dropping out farther to the North than before. Next time I better go with you guys so I don't wander aimlessly in the desert again:D

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by mbryson

We were waiting for the 'yota contingent.........IT was a bunch of us wimpy Jeeps and only one was a station wagon (complete with chillin' and a soccer ball)

Next time baby, next time:D j/k... It looks like all of the jeeps you had were pretty well set-up. Was the cherokee getting the strap locked up in both ends?

mbryson

Supporting Member

Next time baby, next time:D j/k... It looks like all of the jeeps you had were pretty well set-up. Was the cherokee getting the strap locked up in both ends?

That was me and I'm not sure why I got the strap. Demon was on the other end, not another Jeep. ARB's in both ends--I think some 4.88 gears are in order.....

MR.CJ-7

Your Realtor
Sorry I missed you guys. I got a bit of a late start. I passed "the crossroads" about 9:20 and sure enough I was late and you guys were gone. I think I may have seen you coming out of the trail in the afternoon. I had my truck and CJ parked by the "5 mile pass" sign. Was that you guys coming out on the trail about 1:30 pm? Maybe next time I can get my act together a little faster and we can hook up.

BTW the pics look great !!!

mbryson

Supporting Member
Originally posted by MR.CJ-7
Sorry I missed you guys. I got a bit of a late start. I passed "the crossroads" about 9:20 and sure enough I was late and you guys were gone. I think I may have seen you coming out of the trail in the afternoon. I had my truck and CJ parked by the "5 mile pass" sign. Was that you guys coming out on the trail about 1:30 pm? Maybe next time I can get my act together a little faster and we can hook up.

BTW the pics look great !!!

That probably was us. I didn't see a pickup with a Jeep on it, but I saw a number of pickups with unloaded trailers as we drove by.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor

That was me and I'm not sure why I got the strap. Demon was on the other end, not another Jeep. ARB's in both ends--I think some 4.88 gears are in order.....

No worries on the strap, I feel 10 times better about having a strap on certain obstacles... kindve makes it your buddies fault when you roll:D :D :D

Anyways... I totally want to hook up with you guys and wrestle this trail.

Do you have to turn around at the top and climb back down it or is there a way to intercept the upper roads of the canyon and come back down another way?

mbryson

Supporting Member

No worries on the strap, I feel 10 times better about having a strap on certain obstacles... kindve makes it your buddies fault when you roll:D :D :D

Do you have to turn around at the top and climb back down it or is there a way to intercept the upper roads of the canyon and come back down another way?

What are you doing Wednesday...it's in my GPS and I could do it again......(Maybe I should weld some stuff up, first though...)

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I'm not sure whats going on Wednesday yet.... A few guys from the Wasatch Cruiser are heading to Little Moab, a good freind is racing motocross in the Delta Center and now an invitation to go do an awesome looking trail with someone that has actually ran the trail... Oh my! :D :D :D How come all of the col stuff happens on the same day?

I will probably end up going to the moto-x races to support my buddy...he always puts on a good show and usually rides away in an ambulance...someone has to be there with the video camera..:D

mbryson

Supporting Member
I'm not sure whats going on Wednesday yet.... A few guys from the Wasatch Cruiser are heading to Little Moab, a good freind is racing motocross in the Delta Center and now an invitation to go do an awesome looking trail with someone that has actually ran the trail... Oh my! :D :D :D How come all of the col stuff happens on the same day?

I will probably end up going to the moto-x races to support my buddy...he always puts on a good show and usually rides away in an ambulance...someone has to be there with the video camera..:D

Any extra tickets????? My kids love to see that kind of stuff......

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I'll see if I can get some tickets this afternoon, my buddy that is racing also works at South Valley Motorsports and I think they sell the tickets their... I will ask him... As I recall they are only like $5 or something like that for all of the ametuer races... I will let you know as soon as I get more info...:D

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver

Usually we turn around at the top, but you can cross over to the canyon you went up for a faster trip back to the road.

Mark, My Jeep is up and running so I'm ready to go somewhere on Wednesday. I was thinking Little Moab, or else Rattlesnake if there's snow at L Moab.

Last edited:

mbryson

Supporting Member
Originally posted by WayneXJ

Usually we turn around at the top, but you can cross over to the canyon you went up for a faster trip back to the road.

Mark, My Jeep is up and running so I'm ready to go somewhere on Wednesday. I was thinking Little Moab, or else Rattlesnake if there's snow at L Moab.

Sounds cool!.......let's see what I get done Tues. night (I'm changing my pinion angle and working on my LCA brackets--not necessarily in that order as the LCA bracket is 'suspect' and I haven't looked at it since yesterday's strap session.....

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor

Any extra tickets????? My kids love to see that kind of stuff......

They will be on sale tommorrow at SV motorsports in Sandy and also on New Years Day at the Delta Center... it is just general admission so all tickets are only $5 not too bad at all. Let me know if you need any more info...thanks