Recovery gear test session (feeler thread)

RogueJeepr

Here!
Depending on how much it snows (if), im thinking maybe the B would be a good location for this.
The other 2 sites I had in mind could be a muddy mess.
1st site.) No trees at all but good hills and holes
2nd .) Where we did the snow run.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RogueJeepr

Here!
Ok. So after some parts swapping.
I was able to work on the pullpall again(its been a year). I drilled the 2nd hole where I thought skytrapper did.
One thing I noticed with his folded up, the center bar is removed and reversed to get it to fold up like that.

So here's mine with the hole where it shows.
The pulling top bar is just a bit under from being parallel with the plow.
034b80db94dfd2fbf21b8c9b390128c0.jpg

One thing about this position is it should put equal strain on all the bars.
Tomorrow I'll go test it out by Backus hwy. There's some good mud there.

Last edited:

RogueJeepr

Here!
Didn't get any testing done. Just didn't feel like going out in the cold Sunday.
Hopefully this week.

DaveN. Do you need any help on those this weekend ?
Should be 4 pairs, right ?
Me
Kevin
DAA
Moabcj5

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Didn't get any testing done. Just didn't feel like going out in the cold Sunday.
Hopefully this week.

Didn't get the truck back together until late afternoon, I didn't feel like going out in the cold either :D.

I can probably come out next Saturday morning.

RogueJeepr

Here!
Just did a bit of testing at a field close to me. As I thought the top bar is down too much and didn't want to dig (somethings not right with my angles).
Thats ok. I have plenty of middle bar left to make adjustments and I'll cut the rest off when the angle is right.
This is almost a 2 man operation . One to hold it in position and the other operates the winch.

I may change my winch out to a cordless remote.

(Update)
I think I found whats wrong. The rear shackle is up and should be facing forward. Therefore shortening the top bar.
More testing tomorrow.

Last edited:

DaveN

Hopefully this week.

DaveN. Do you need any help on those this weekend ?
Should be 4 pairs, right ?
Me
Kevin
DAA
Moabcj5

Hi guys. Sorry for the wait...Working tons, blah blah blah.

There was an unexpected run on the stuff when I went to go buy the stock. I can get enough to do two pairs in the grey that I have, and about three pairs in yellow. (Forest) green is a possibility as well. Who wants what color?

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

RogueJeepr

Here!
I'll take green. It'll match my jeep.
Im not picky though so I'll take what you can get.

Last edited:

Kevin B.

There was an unexpected run on the stuff when I went to go buy the stock. I can get enough to do two pairs in the grey that I have, and about three pairs in yellow. (Forest) green is a possibility as well. Who wants what color?

Grey works. Or whatever, if they'll take spraypaint. :D

RogueJeepr

Here!
Without drilling any other holes. I was able to change the angles, putting the shovel is slightly downward with the upper arm. (Notice rear shackle).
This makes the upper arm longer.
Tightening all the bolts down.
Testing tomorrow.
1144593b87767343ea3c5e7409571d85.jpg

Hope this helps. Who knows, that site may have been too frozen OR gravelly. I'll find a different place after work.

Last edited:

DAA

I've had to dig a small starter hole in frozen ground for my store bought Pull Pal before. But once it takes a set, it holds like crazy in hard frozen stuff.

- DAA

DaveN

OK guys I bought the stock (green and gray) before heading out of town for the weekend. I'll be back on Tuesday; want to plan a run or something for next Saturday so I can get them to you all?

Kevin B.

I've got family in town and will be on the slopes Saturday. I don't know if I'm booked Sunday or not, but that's probably not ideal for some of you?

JPaul

Did you guys go do this today? I saw four vehicles off Mountain View this afternoon that looked like they were doing recovery practice. That or someone got really stuck and three vehicles had to all strap together to get him out.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk