Ride Report; Moab on Motos, March 1st - 3rd

Vonski

nothing to see here...
I have to say, this ride was in the Top 3 rides I've been on. Great group of guys, awesome attitudes despite a few problems, very challenging trails and everyone riding to the best of their ability... and not a single complaint when the going got rough. I will ride with any of you, anytime! Thanks for making is a fun trip guys!

I can't agree more... one of my favorites as well! I got off to a rough start on Day 1 when my bike didn't want to idle or run right. Everything pointed towards the carb having something stuck in it, so I ended up removing and cleaning it there in the Slickrock parking lot. Unfortunately, just getting to the carb on my bike requires a decent amount of disasembly. Although it took away some riding time to get the job done (including running into town for some supplies), it solved the problem and we got quite a bit more riding in before dark.

Day 2 on the Sovreign Trail was awesome! I had heard alot about it, but have never had the opportunity to ride it. Everyone had their share of tipovers, but nothing major and everyone did great had a good time. Other than a nicely bruised right calf, I remained somewhat unscathed.

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Please delete this thread.....that way I don't have to be reminded that I worked all day Saturday.

No way!! We earned it, there was too much blood, sweat & busted bike parts that earned this... :p :cody:

Who got a ticket??

I don't know, but I can guess. ;)

When I was between Moab & Crescent Junction, I passed a UHP at 69 MPH in a 65... there were 4 cars behind me and he whipped around pretty quick, light up the lights and pulled over the 2nd car behind me! :eek:

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Awesome report guys looks like an absolute blast! I love Cliff Hanger on dirt bikes--well everything except for the cliff part lol. My wife had our son at 3am sat morning and I'm still dealing with an blown disk in my lower back--Ugh I guess I don't feel too bad about missing out even though I still do! :D

That 2T YZ is making me drool :chris:

pELYgroso

'Merica
SO jealous! when is the next one??? I won't miss it! The last time I rode though is when i dislocated my shoulder, so I probably would have been a bit rusty to keep up with y'all.... I've been wanting to do a camp/ride where we take our minimalist camping stuff on the bikes with us and somewhat play it by ear....possibly leaving a truck with fuel along the way to ride to and fill up. Has anybody done this type of ride?

Tonkaman

SO jealous! when is the next one??? I won't miss it! The last time I rode though is when i dislocated my shoulder, so I probably would have been a bit rusty to keep up with y'all.... I've been wanting to do a camp/ride where we take our minimalist camping stuff on the bikes with us and somewhat play it by ear....possibly leaving a truck with fuel along the way to ride to and fill up. Has anybody done this type of ride?

A while back we had a discussion about doing exactly that type of ride. When the time comes we will be sure to pass the word around. I'm always up for a ride if you want to get out

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
...I've been wanting to do a camp/ride where we take our minimalist camping stuff on the bikes with us and somewhat play it by ear....possibly leaving a truck with fuel along the way to ride to and fill up. Has anybody done this type of ride?

BikePacking is something I plan to do a bit this summer, super low key overnighter, double night type stuff. I know Greg is planning a super neat trip this summer like that. :cool:

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I don't know, but I can guess. ;)

When I was between Moab & Crescent Junction, I passed a UHP at 69 MPH in a 65... there were 4 cars behind me and he whipped around pretty quick, light up the lights and pulled over the 2nd car behind me! :eek:

Dang Troopers, they would give their mom a ticket if she was late to church

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
:D
2 strokes don't break, they just rest in trees.
GOPR0257_zpscaf210f9.jpg

Cliff Hanger
GOPR0301_zps2e7ca280.jpg

GOPR0299_zpse760e8f1.jpg

GOPR0300_zpseb7c5c81.jpg

Mmmm. Chunky
GOPR0333_zpsff4883dd.jpg

out of town
GOPR0331_zps672f9c21.jpg

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Please post when you guys to your pac/camp ride id be all over that, wanted to do this ride but had to work friday so I went to Cainville sat.

Greg

Admin
After riding those trails this weekend, especially Cliffhanger... I feel like 5MOH would be just another trail! Momentum, clutching and finding the right line were everything on Cliffhanger!

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I would REALLY like to do 5MOH. Lets plan a trip. Late Sept/early Oct. (That way I can get in shape, and it wont be sooo hot) If there is a real desire form enough people I say lets get it planned. I vote Greg to be trail leader :)..

Greg

Admin
.........just another trail.........:ugh:.............

I know, that's just how technical Cliffhanger was! I'm probably far off base, but after Cliffhanger I'd at least consider attempting 5MOH.

I would REALLY like to do 5MOH. Lets plan a trip. Late Sept/early Oct. (That way I can get in shape, and it wont be sooo hot) If there is a real desire form enough people I say lets get it planned. I vote Greg to be trail leader :)..

I agree with the hot part and getting in shape... not sure about the trail leader! Andrew can do that part.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I would REALLY like to do 5MOH. Lets plan a trip. Late Sept/early Oct.

I know, that's just how technical Cliffhanger was! I'm probably far off base, but after Cliffhanger I'd at least consider attempting 5MOH.

I agree with the hot part and getting in shape... not sure about the trail leader! Andrew can do that part.

I'd love to run it again :cool: Its not quite as bad as I make it sound but I'll never do it on a stock RM250 again :rofl:

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
Here is where I rode this weekend. It was sweet.

I have really regretted not just going Friday morning. I was fully packed and loaded.

Jared

9f834378-7883-4250-b094-431823eb02f2_zpsc4d785c0.jpg