Ride Report; Moab on Motos, March 1st - 3rd

Tonkaman

I would REALLY like to do 5MOH. Lets plan a trip. Late Sept/early Oct. (That way I can get in shape, and it wont be sooo hot) If there is a real desire form enough people I say lets get it planned. I vote Greg to be trail leader :)..

I'm in for sure! Maybe ill sneak down during the summer so I look pro at it by then...

Vonski

nothing to see here...
So, after the carb cleaning episode in Moab, I thought I'd try out one of these.

spl_13_fue_fil-2.jpg

Its "supposed" to work with the fuel cap on my bike, but we'll see how well it actually does. I'll let you guys know how it works out...

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Yeah, there are two different manufacturers offering the same type of thing. I'd think this is a must have item if you've got a FI bike. I usually run an inline filter, and I still may run one in addition to the sock thingy if it doesn't appear to be trapping amall enough particles. Like I mentioned before, I'm a little skeptical that it will work with the fuel cap on my KTM (even though they claim it fits). If for some reason it doesn't work well, I will throw it on my daughter's CRF and jsut run an inline.

Funny thing is that I've been like a particle nazi when it comes to this bike and I still got some junk in there plugging up the carb. My last KTM had a dry-break system (which are notorious for allowing dirt to get in) and never had a single issue. Weird.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Video from the first day, me attempting Hells Gate on Hells Revenge...

[video=youtube;TDnZ4LO5iKc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDnZ4LO5iKc[/video]

As always, choose the HD option for better quality!

Greg

Admin
I just got my computer back from the repair place so I'm starting to edit footage now!

:thumbs:

I wish I hadn't destroyed my GoPro's lens, so I had footage of the Cliffhanger ride and the parking lot playing afterwards! That was a great ride, can't wait to see your videos!

Greg

Admin
Saturday... Sovereign and Salt Wash Singletrack trails...

[video=youtube;83JUo6saHhA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83JUo6saHhA[/video]

GAR

Great videos Greg! You made that trail look easy. Good work on hells gate too! That would definitely be a tough climb. Did anyone else try it?

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I'm a little bit like Peter Pan, so dessert first.

Parking Lot Shenanigans

[video=youtube;4LUn9OnqUzU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LUn9OnqUzU&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Please watch in 1080p and be sure to Rate and Subscribe to my Vids! Thanks :)

I'll edit the trail video (which is slower hard work) later.

(To be truthful I spent a few hours on this before I took the thing in for a new faster hard drive, so really there's 4+ hours into this edit)

It's up! I'm going to bed!

Hope you love it!

Greg

Admin
I'm a little bit like Peter Pan, so dessert first.

Parking Lot Shenanigans

[video=youtube;4LUn9OnqUzU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LUn9OnqUzU&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Please watch in 1080p and be sure to Rate and Subscribe to my Vids! Thanks :)

I'll edit the trail video (which is slower hard work) later.

(To be truthful I spent a few hours on this before I took the thing in for a new faster hard drive, so really there's 4+ hours into this edit)

It's up! I'm going to bed!

Hope you love it!

Excellent! I think that was the funnest part about the trip, screwing around on the unloading dock and the rocks! Great work Stratton, the video does a great job showing how fun it was to just goof off on simple things. Derek was really gettin' it!! Lots of respect man, you were trying stuff that looked crazy.

Greg

Admin
Why didn't any one go UP the jersey barrier?

I thought about it, but didn't want to splatter into it, bend my front wheel or seriously damage my frame! With some rocks at the bottom and the right amount of preloading & speed, I bet one could jump right up it. You should have been there to show us how it's done... :p

Greg

Admin
Great videos Greg! You made that trail look easy. Good work on hells gate too! That would definitely be a tough climb. Did anyone else try it?

Thanks Grant, I had my fair share of screwups! :D Wish I would have filmed my wreck, that would have been great! It hurt pretty good, rung my bell... Von was behind me and when he asked if I was OK, I think I told him to give a minute and I'd tell him... my head was kind of spinning. :(

Hells Gate was interesting, I edited out about 20 min of video after I killed the bike... I was having a hard time getting going again, then I fell on Brian. After everyone else saw me struggling, they declined trying it for some reason... :p I think it's ridable, my first problem was my front tire climbing the wall on the right. Once I stopped there, I was in for a fight. I will probably try again another time!

Greg

Admin
Slideshow from Cliffhanger... Bad Company... :greg:

[video=youtube;IvVXo2NTaeI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvVXo2NTaeI[/video]

Tonkaman

Thanks for putting up the videos guys they are great! I had a ton of fun just goofing around in that parking lot, too bad video makes those rocks look tiny. Im going to make a point of hopping that boulder next time im in Moab