RME in the TTC?!

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Here's a paragraph from Fourwheeler's web site that gives info about voting.

Voting is easy. All you have to do is turn to page 50 and remove the Official Top Truck Challenge Ballot and then clearly write your favorite 10 rigs' corresponding entry numbers on the ballot and mail it to us at the supplied address. We'll tally the results and reveal the Top 10 in the November issue. That will be followed by detailed coverage of Top Truck Challenge '08 in the December issue.We only accept the actual official printed ballot found in this issue, so don't send us faxes or photocopies of the ballot because we'll just giggle and then ball `em up and throw `em at each other. Helpful hint: If you want to stuff the ballot box for your favorite rig or bestest buddy, you can feel free to do so. As a matter of fact, we encourage it because you'll have to buy multiple April issues to get the official ballot and that will keep the circulation department happy.

PLEASE VOTE - LET'S HELP BYRON AND CHESTER GET IN. :cool:

Bitchin'!!! I'll pick up a mag or two and vote for both of you.

More or less the last time my jeep's engine was in service was at TTC '95 in my buddy's rig (I was the spotter). We had a blast. I was invited back but never have been.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Hey spaggyroe, how is that you know byron? Did you say you lived in the same home town? Thats cool! We will put our votes in here too!

I grew up in Lake Shore. :D
The Hairs are all good people. I'd love to see Byron make it to the top 10. Jay, Jared, Byron and Aaron have all put together some awesome rides over the years. I've always admired their mechanical abilities. :cool:

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
A few things that will be getting attention on the Scout are:

-Retroteks BOSS efi system. Its a TBI but it is sweet
-4 linking the rear suspension. The leafs have been working well but ever since I went bigger than 38.5 boggers....Ive had a tendancy to bend the leafs
-either going to truggy the rear or narrow the rear...I havent decided yet.
-roll cage is getting replaced
-chev 205 is getting twin sticks from Northwest Fab
-disk brake conversion on the 14 bolt
-fresh coat of Zolatone paint

Ive got A LOT to do!!!! And this is just the list if I dont make the top 10.

I did FINALLY get a ford 205 for a decent price

ChestonScout

I vote narrow the rear, keep as much scout body as you can.

Even if I were to truggy it....I would keep the rear quarters so that they could easily bolt on and off. The big problem is my rear quarters are fiberglass and my drivers side is smashed up pretty good from my sort of tip over on Pritchett last fall. I really need to find a traveller with good rear quarters. I dont want to have to do tons of fiberglass work everytime I tip over ....but if it were narrowed, I wouldnt hit the rear quarters as much.

See my dilema?

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Key to success is to be consitient in all the events. A lot of the guys entering now think that with big tires they will just fly through the courses, but last year proved them wrong. Last year we had the biggest tires on record show up and they did no better that the standard tires. The tractor tires did good in the mud I will admit, but the boggers did just as well. The year before that, a rubicon with 38's made it through the Tank Trap. So it does really come down to a good overall rig with a great driver. When I competed I was always in the top 4 of the off road events, it was the stupid street events that killed me. My highest street score was 7th place....:mad: It good that we did away with the street events. That killed my chances at a first and second place finish. So plan your strategy about being consistent. Push you vehicle, but know its limits. DON"T BREAK!!!!!! If you break you may miss an event while you are back at camp making repairs, so Drive smart. YOu need to get points out of each event and if you break you will not be making points. So many guys loose thier cool when in fornt of a camera and crowd and the get too happy with the skinny pedel and then they break and miss the next event, and or do poorly in the next event. Last year Warthog though he was going to just blast through the rubicon. He even said that he was going to get air born in it......:rofl: He learned his lesson. OUt of one of the most capable rigs, he hit it hard and broke. With that awsome rig he was soon in only three wheel drive with steering issues. He only made it 25 ft. into the course.:D SO be consistent, and drive under control and you will do well. We should get togther at a club meeting and I can share with you some points. ( and Home Videos of the secret parts of the TT. ;)SSHHHHHH!!!_)

Since I will be designing the courses this year again. I do have a inside vantage. :D I thought we did real good on course design last year and we made to tough for all of the competitors.

I will admit that TTC is the funnest time you can have with your clothes on.;)

Good luck!!!!

ChestonScout

What club meeting are you thinking? The club im in........The Wasatch Outlaw Wheelers meets the first wednesday of every month at the Ogden Airport at 7. Next meeting will be March 5. Let me know if your interested

Bart

Great words of advice and insight. BTW, finally got my mag in the mail and voted for both our members. Good luck.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
What club meeting are you thinking? The club im in........The Wasatch Outlaw Wheelers meets the first wednesday of every month at the Ogden Airport at 7. Next meeting will be March 5. Let me know if your interested

I am open to joining a few clubs up here when I get established, I am interested in coming. Invite me and give me directions and I ll show up.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6

ChestonScout

Its cool to see different angles and home vids of TTC! REALLY makes me want to be there!!! Do you use the T-Rex for all of the extractions?

I took my c6 in today to get reBUILT. I cant wait!!

ChestonScout

heres a few pics

Attachments

• picsforphotobucket1 (Medium).jpg
    picsforphotobucket1 (Medium).jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 16
  • chestons wheelstand (Small).jpg
    chestons wheelstand (Small).jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 14
  • three_pic  ID.jpg
    three_pic ID.jpg