RME Meet & Greet!

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars

Since I drove my EV, I parked at the free public charger on the north border of Pioneer Park. From there, it was a short walk through the park and across the street to get to the brewery. While walking through the park, a homeless guy saw me on my phone... so he stopped me, pointed to what appeared to be a pile of sleeping bags 30 feet away, and said, "there's a dead body lying there--you should call the police." With that, he left.

At first I wasn't sure if he was even telling the truth. But if decades of watching cop shows on television has taught me nothing else, I know that you do NOT approach the scene of a dead body--no leaving any footprints, finger prints, DNA, etc anywhere near the body. So I called it in while I was crossing the street. The cops showed up after I had gone inside, and they quickly verified the guy's report. The lead officer called me, but I did not hear my phone in the loud brewery. Once I realized I missed his call, I called the station and tried to reach him. They said he'd call me right back... but that still hadn't happened by the time I left.

Well, I obviously needed to walk back through the park to get to my car. Now there were half a dozen cop cars on the lawn, with 'crime scene' tape marking off the area. They had also removed the sleeping bags, so now I could see the body; it appeared they were awaiting the coroner. I found the lead officer, identified myself, and answered his questions. After a few more minutes, I was on my way.

Had I driven the Grand Prix, I would have missed this entirely.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I think it's time to plan another RME Meet & Greet at Bewilder!

Should we shoot for a few weeks out, starting at 5 PM? How about Jan 23rd, a Saturday? @Cody , would that date work?

And of course, there are mandates for masks & social distancing, so be aware and come prepared. I believe there are restrictions on group size, but if we have too many people I believe we can split up the group.

Post up if you can make it so we can plan ahead!

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Sweet! We don't have anything on our calendar that day. We do require masks when ordering (bar service) and walking around, but at your tables you're fine. Technically no groups of mixed households, but we have no way or no desire to try and enforce that one so it's not an issue.

If we have a big group, we can reserve an entire section to make it a little easier. Probably prefer to have a few tables of 4-6 than one table of 18 ifyouknowwhatimean