Central Utah RME Trip; Little Sahara Sand Dunes... February?

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
We went to Little Sahara with a family members 4x4 group a few years back in February and it was fun. The north facing stuff was no problem but once we got around to the south facing stuff a lot of folks got stuck. Luckily there were some folks out there with very capable rigs to pull those of us who got stuck out. The guy who pulled me out in my old CJ7 had a custom CJ6 with a 454, 40+ inch tires, and one ton axles. I watched as he pulled another guy out who had gone down into a pit and it was crazy to see him open up that 454 and throw 4 streams of sand around 40 feet out the back of his Jeep going up hill.

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
I'm leading our Wasatch Cruisers February trail run down there on the 11th, it's generally so nice there in Feb!
It would be cool to se a bunch of other rigs, we have run the dunes, played in the back country, the last couple years we have done more trecking to see where some of the trails go.
Maybe we will see you all out there.

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
I really don't want to step on the Wasatch Cruisers toes, so how about Saturday, Feb 18th? A month away, should give everyone enough time to plan on it?

There would be zero hurt feelings on my end, I think it would be awesome to see other rigs out there, but it sounds like you have set a date, I hope you all have a great time, generally it is a blast!