rocker guards for the unlimited.

ZUKEYPR

someone give me the lowdown on the rocker guards (not boulder bars). Do they really hold up to the constant bashing of rock crawling? Does the stock rocker guards on the Unlimited hold up as is? I'm used to full wled on bould bars that are below the body and not attached to the body in any way shape or form. it just seems that the rocker guards when mounted to the body the way they are that something (sheet metal) would have to give.

Also does anyone know of the exact abbrev for the unlimited or is their even one? I have seen TJ, LJ, TJL, TJ unlimted.

jrpcinders

rocker gaurds

If I were you I would check with Mount Logan because they make the best rock sliders and they work as a nice step. I think outerlimits has the mount logan rock sliders call them. I can tell you that they work well.

CJJ92yj

Not sure of the exact thickness of the sliders on a Rubicon, but they look somewhat thin in my opinion. I would imagine if you slid off a rock and smacked them in the middle on another rock or something, then would probably bend. I have a similar design, only made of 1/4" thick steel, on my YJ. I've hit them hard, very hard. Haven't bent them yet. They didn't twist, bend, or warp the sheet metal of the body in any way either. I would think that if you have enough holes drilled through the body to bolt through, you'd be ok. The more you have the less likely you'll be to bend your body.

ZUKEYPR

Yep, the stock OEM's on the unlimited are at best 1/8 thick. There more like 3/32". As for Mt Logan, that's probably the fifth time that they have been suggested to me in the last 2 days and two friends of mine work at Outer Limits. Thanks for the response.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
jrpcinders said:
If I were you I would check with Mount Logan because they make the best rock sliders and they work as a nice step. I think outerlimits has the mount logan rock sliders call them. I can tell you that they work well.

I wonder if they make them for scramblers ?

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
I think Poision spyder customs makes them for CJ-8s. If you want to go local, I'm sure any of the good shops can fab some up.

Ohms

'Poser Wheeler
We can get the Rock Slide eng. slider/rocker protection for the Unlimited. We use Mt. Logans products whenever we can. They are a great product and competive in pricing. You also have the option to have a custom set depending on what your needs/wants are.

Come on down!

Matt Holm
Outer Limit Motorsports
2437 S. 3270 W.

ZUKEYPR

Ohms said:
We can get the Rock Slide eng. slider/rocker protection for the Unlimited. We use Mt. Logans products whenever we can. They are a great product and competive in pricing. You also have the option to have a custom set depending on what your needs/wants are.

Come on down!

Matt Holm
Outer Limit Motorsports
2437 S. 3270 W.

I'll flip by after work today to check out the rocker gaurds if you have one on hand. Besides I need to tell JR and Doug that I went to the darkside and bought a Jeep. He'll get a kick out of that.

nvrstuk

crap, i'm stuck...
ZUKEYPR said:
someone give me the lowdown on the rocker guards (not boulder bars). Do they really hold up to the constant bashing of rock crawling? Does the stock rocker guards on the Unlimited hold up as is? I'm used to full wled on bould bars that are below the body and not attached to the body in any way shape or form. it just seems that the rocker guards when mounted to the body the way they are that something (sheet metal) would have to give.

Also does anyone know of the exact abbrev for the unlimited or is their even one? I have seen TJ, LJ, TJL, TJ unlimted.

I'm pretty sure the correct one is LJ ;)

Ohms

'Poser Wheeler
ZUKEYPR said:
I'll flip by after work today to check out the rocker gaurds if you have one on hand. Besides I need to tell JR and Doug that I went to the darkside and bought a Jeep. He'll get a kick out of that.

Oh man....it's over now buddy :rofl: ....I'll see you then.

Matt Holm
Outer Limit Motorsports
2437 S. 3270 W.
WVC,UT,84119

Here is a pick of the Unlimited Rock Sliders. All Rock Slide products are available through Outer Limits Motorsports. We are in the final phase of development on our triangulated four link rear long arm kit for the unlimited also.

Attachments

• Unlimited TJ 002.jpg
    Unlimited TJ 002.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
rock-slide said:
Here is a pick of the Unlimited Rock Sliders. All Rock Slide products are available through Outer Limits Motorsports. We are in the final phase of development on our triangulated four link rear long arm kit for the unlimited also.

We've got those sliders on my parents jeep (although it isn't an unlimited) and they have to be the best sliders I've seen in use.

attachment.php

Jay5.9L

HOw do oyu guys like that style of slider vs. the tight plate that hugs the rocker panel and has a small tube step/guard attached like poison spyder/aev setups?

These are the reasons why we built the slider the way we did:
1. Step to help get in and out.
2. Design works as a splash guard
-water/mud flying off your tire hits slider and is reflected away from the body
3. When going throgh a tight pinch the rock/tree/whatever remains 3" away from rocker panel or door.
4. Go through a tight spot tilted sideways and flat rockers offer no protection of upper rockers or doors while these keep you away from rock/tree/whatever.
5. They look good!

Jay5.9L

:rofl:

Back on topic, do these sliders go under the body at all? I am liking the smooth styling... lest stuff to get hung up on.

ZUKEYPR

There seems to be a significant difference in the overall width of the slider between the picture posted in post #11 & post number of #13. That might sound trivial but it makes a world of difference as to whether or not I'm intersted in them or not.