rolled jeep...

X

XT Utah

I don't mean to add to your pain but I'm just curious.... did you get a fine for being up there?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
As for being allowed access:

We are good to go, except for the fire. When that has been controlled/contained, we will be allowed to go in. I spoke to the Public Utilities/Watershed Dept. this morning, and will keep everyone posted.

Thanks again for your willingness to help. And for not telling me (yet again) how completely stupid this was.

Well, that was completely stupid..

Oh yeah, that was stupid! :D

damn.... I'm never first

I don't mean to add to your pain but I'm just curious.... did you get a fine for being up there?

As I was riding out with the Sheriff, they took the time to "educate" me about the watershed,and showed me all the markers and signs that I somehow overlooked on my trip. As of this time, I have not been cited for the violations. I guess my insurance premium will be my fine..along with the public humiliation on the internet news.

I am looking forward to meeting as many of you as can make it. Maybe we should turn the recovery event into an Event Geocache and an RME party. And hopefully you all can show me how to outfit myself so I don't have this problem on a future adventure. I think a winch would have been handy...just not sure what I would have hooked it to.

"I lost a Jeep, but met some cool new friends." Sounds like a good trade to me.

Last edited:
Here's some good news: " Jason Curry of the Utah Division of Forestry, Fire and State Lands, said crews are focusing their efforts on keeping the blaze from reaching Davis County."

My Jeep is just over the Davis County line...so maybe there will still be a recovery, after all...instead of a salvage.

Here is the whole article:

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_10034466

Sounds like they MIGHT have a "line around the fire" sometime tonight. If so, we might be able to go in as soon as tomorrow....but all depends on what I hear from the city.

Last edited:

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I will have my ford Expedition with a 12,000lb winch ready to go... it has a snatch block and I have about 30-50 ft of tow straps... Kurt if you have a pull pal it would be great to use as an anchor for a snatch block to pull the truck back up the way it went down... thus not tearing up the land anymore then we have to... I went up into that area last night to try to get him out before the sheriffs showed up and its pretty narrow and any rig going is going to get some rockymountain pinstipping... so beware of that... my zj has a few from last night that look pretty deep...

I kinda have an in with the police department so I can try to get them to ok the deal and allow us without getting ticketed but I know they are going to want us to take in only as many vehicles as we need so as to not tear up the land.

So post up who wants to go and what they have to take with them... we do need a very high quality video camera so that we can take video to show the steps we take to preserve the environment and put a positive spin on this.... agreed?