RR4W "Urgent Alert"

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
It had to be 10ish years ago (when we used to do a lot of RME dirt bike rides). On one particular ride we debated the right answer to getting around a large tree blocking the trail. We gave so much thought into the 'stay on trail' mentality that it was almost silly.
I would do the same in Moab on the rocks. If I wasn't on the black lines, I was off trail, and therefore one of the people causing shut downs!
Then, the BLM used dynomite and bulldozers to create a different exit to Hell's. That was the beginning of my dissent. Why was I spending soooo much energy to stay exactly on trail, when they can do whatever they want, wherever they want.

I also used to receive tickets for riding in the Draper hillsides. Right where the houses a built now. like, exact same spots.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
It had to be 10ish years ago (when we used to do a lot of RME dirt bike rides). On one particular ride we debated the right answer to getting around a large tree blocking the trail. We gave so much thought into the 'stay on trail' mentality that it was almost silly.
I would do the same in Moab on the rocks. If I wasn't on the black lines, I was off trail, and therefore one of the people causing shut downs!
Then, the BLM used dynomite and bulldozers to create a different exit to Hell's. That was the beginning of my dissent. Why was I spending soooo much energy to stay exactly on trail, when they can do whatever they want, wherever they want.
Exactly. We've all been gas-lit to think that the whole ecosystem will fail if we go off trail by an inch. It's really quite retarded.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
The land use orgs we have been donating to for years need to step up and file suit and stop with the harshly worded letters to appease their donation base (us). Less talk and more action. And as sad as it is, compliance will only get things more closed down as they know they can take and take and take and all that will happen is a harshly worded letter. I've worked at the BLM, I know what goes on with this stuff. Little story, I was in a meeting where they were discussing closing some dirt roads in the Cedar City field office. The ones who spoke out were the ultra preservationist bird ladies. They argued that these dirt roads needed to be closed because it would affect the deer migration patterns. No one said a word to these ladies and it seemed like they were going to go along with it all until I told them I'd never seen a deer turn around at the site of a dirt road. After the meeting I got so many thank you's for just saying my peace and changing the narrative. The few good people still at the BLM and FS are too afraid to stand up to the wackos that have infiltrated the organizations.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
I've done my best to make an educated or logical comment on every post they make, and not just an angry post...

However, I'm pretty sure they pay a social media company to run the page anyway. No one ever see's the replies or cares what people say. I don't think the BLM has every added a comment reply to anyone. Just the original post and no interaction.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I've done my best to make an educated or logical comment on every post they make, and not just an angry post...

However, I'm pretty sure they pay a social media company to run the page anyway. No one ever see's the replies or cares what people say. I don't think the BLM has every added a comment reply to anyone. Just the original post and no interaction.
They replied once... That doesn't mean they care about the posts though.
IMG_6265.png

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Love all the hate in the comments fighting amongst ourselves throwing blame around. I spent yesterday putting tracks on a number of these trails. Interesting thing to me I saw off trail excursion tracks from every variety of off-road vehicle. But by far I’d say from what I’ve witnessed this week was single track going off the beaten path. Saw a group of 10 or so today on Golden Spike just riding wherever. Saw some sxs dummies doing stuff that makes people hate sxs but in their defense they were on the trail. Until we stop fighting amongst motorized user groups about who’s causing the problem the highly organized well funded SUWA is going to continue to get victories, especially with this administration.

Side note since I’ve avoided Moab for pretty much a decade because of what’s going on around here. When did we lose access to driving down Bull Canyon, and driving near Gemini bridges? Couple other closures I ran into but they’re escaping me at the moment.

Edit: mentions of our user group leaving trash everywhere. I picked up everything I saw (which wasn’t much) I’d say trash wise this might be the best I’ve ever seen Moab. I’ve picked up 3x the trash on my uintas excursions

lhracing

Love all the hate in the comments fighting amongst ourselves throwing blame around. I spent yesterday putting tracks on a number of these trails. Interesting thing to me I saw off trail excursion tracks from every variety of off-road vehicle. But by far I’d say from what I’ve witnessed this week was single track going off the beaten path. Saw a group of 10 or so today on Golden Spike just riding wherever. Saw some sxs dummies doing stuff that makes people hate sxs but in their defense they were on the trail. Until we stop fighting amongst motorized user groups about who’s causing the problem the highly organized well funded SUWA is going to continue to get victories, especially with this administration.

Side note since I’ve avoided Moab for pretty much a decade because of what’s going on around here. When did we lose access to driving down Bull Canyon, and driving near Gemini bridges? Couple other closures I ran into but they’re escaping me at the moment.

Edit: mentions of our user group leaving trash everywhere. I picked up everything I saw (which wasn’t much) I’d say trash wise this might be the best I’ve ever seen Moab. I’ve picked up 3x the trash on my uintas excursions

I agree with all your comments. This is just one phase of SUWA's plan to get the Red Rock Wilderness Act implemented without Congress.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Interesting thing to me I saw off trail excursion tracks from every variety of off-road vehicle. But by far I’d say from what I’ve witnessed this week was single track going off the beaten path. Saw a group of 10 or so today on Golden Spike just riding wherever. Saw some sxs dummies doing stuff that makes people hate sxs but in their defense they were on the trail. Until we stop fighting amongst motorized user groups about who’s causing the problem the highly organized well funded SUWA is going to continue to get victories, especially with this administration.
I hate SxS's. I have started referring to them as trail maggots. BUT....the enemy of my enemy is my friend. I have never and would never advocate for them to be banned or have heavy restrictions. We have to stick together as a motorized community and we have to start A) standing up to the alphabet agencies and B) putting our money where our mouths are. I thought that the hundred of hours of work just RME people have done would count for something but it obviously doesn't. Why should we lift a finger to help the agencies that are taking away our land? You could argue that is exactly how SUWA wants us to react but show me where the work has even slowed the closures? Maybe it's time to pull the band aid off and let them try and turn it all to wilderness and then we can revolt instead of allowing them to boil the frog slowly.

Several of us were talking about riding some of the White wash area and it came to my attention that the Tube and Dead Cow are on the closed list. I was already not going to comply, but I will actively remove any barriers put on these trails. This is the hill I'm going to die on. Closing the Tubes is like closing Hell's Revenge, it won't stand. 20 years ago when I started riding that area, it was all open travel. Maybe 8-9 years ago it was severely limited to open travel in a 5x2 mile area of dunes and maybe a dozen marked trails. Now they are closing 2 of the most prominent of the dozen trails. I'm done. They will have to catch me and arrest me but I will never stop ridding those trails. This is just another example of how good stewardship when they take away the majority of our freedom to travel has only ended in more tyranny.

Sorry for the rant. I'm going to load some .223 ammo now.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
I hate SxS's. I have started referring to them as trail maggots. BUT....the enemy of my enemy is my friend. I have never and would never advocate for them to be banned or have heavy restrictions. We have to stick together as a motorized community and we have to start A) standing up to the alphabet agencies and B) putting our money where our mouths are. I thought that the hundred of hours of work just RME people have done would count for something but it obviously doesn't. Why should we lift a finger to help the agencies that are taking away our land? You could argue that is exactly how SUWA wants us to react but show me where the work has even slowed the closures? Maybe it's time to pull the band aid off and let them try and turn it all to wilderness and then we can revolt instead of allowing them to boil the frog slowly.

Several of us were talking about riding some of the White wash area and it came to my attention that the Tube and Dead Cow are on the closed list. I was already not going to comply, but I will actively remove any barriers put on these trails. This is the hill I'm going to die on. Closing the Tubes is like closing Hell's Revenge, it won't stand. 20 years ago when I started riding that area, it was all open travel. Maybe 8-9 years ago it was severely limited to open travel in a 5x2 mile area of dunes and maybe a dozen marked trails. Now they are closing 2 of the most prominent of the dozen trails. I'm done. They will have to catch me and arrest me but I will never stop ridding those trails. This is just another example of how good stewardship when they take away the majority of our freedom to travel has only ended in more tyranny.

Sorry for the rant. I'm going to load some .223 ammo now.

So, I have put a lot of thought into my active noncompliance measures. The BLM Ranger is not the one that put the rules in place. He/she may or may not agree with them, but is in charge of enforcing them. The very last thing any of us would actually want in life is to have noncompliance blowup into serious harm to us or the agent. But standing our ground only works out peacefully if they back down. If neither backs down, that can get pretty bad pretty fast.
I’ve never considered allowing myself to be arrested. I guess that is a somewhat peaceful resolution.. but it lets them win.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Agree to disagree on the SXS issue. I used to subscribe to the idea of letting them close trails for SXS use is just giving them power to close them for everyone but now I don’t. They’ll just close them for all of us anyways so we should meet in the middle somewhere. SXS use in Moab on trails like Hell’s Revenge is so clearly detrimental that something needs to change. I think rental SXS (where they throw people the keys) should just be gone- disallowed on trails like Hell’s. To me it’s the only way. That being said if you really love Moab I recommend going soon before it’s all closed. That’s where we’re at IMO.

STAG

On my grind
Just thinking outside here; could public social media talk of rebellion against BLM decisions (such as RME forum) be used in any way as “ammo” for SUWA’s arsenal?

I don’t know if it would or wouldn’t but if there’s anything I know about the internet, it leaks info, and people can be malicious.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Just thinking outside here; could public social media talk of rebellion against BLM decisions (such as RME forum) be used in any way as “ammo” for SUWA’s arsenal?

I don’t know if it would or wouldn’t but if there’s anything I know about the internet, it leaks info, and people can be malicious.
Civil disobedience is not illegal. I get your point, but I'm past caring.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
Agree to disagree on the SXS issue. I used to subscribe to the idea of letting them close trails for SXS use is just giving them power to close them for everyone but now I don’t. They’ll just close them for all of us anyways so we should meet in the middle somewhere. SXS use in Moab on trails like Hell’s Revenge is so clearly detrimental that something needs to change. I think rental SXS (where they throw people the keys) should just be gone- disallowed on trails like Hell’s. To me it’s the only way. That being said if you really love Moab I recommend going soon before it’s all closed. That’s where we’re at IMO.

I think a major issue with this is that trying to close to specifically sxs's would be near impossible. They would almost certainly include ATV's and dirt bikes. The only real way to have them open to full size vehicles only is to do what was done in some of the other travel plans, which is to make it legal to fully plated vehicles only, which might end up excluding the street legal ORV tags on buggies.. resulting in yourself being kick out.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I think a major issue with this is that trying to close to specifically sxs's would be near impossible. They would almost certainly include ATV's and dirt bikes. The only real way to have them open to full size vehicles only is to do what was done in some of the other travel plans, which is to make it legal to fully plated vehicles only, which might end up excluding the street legal ORV tags on buggies.. resulting in yourself being kick out.
Given the current condition of Hell’s I think I’d prefer that over full closure. It’s pretty gross what’s happened to that trail since SXS use exploded. I don’t expect anyone to agree with me. JMO

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Given the current condition of Hell’s I think I’d prefer that over full closure. It’s pretty gross what’s happened to that trail since SXS use exploded. I don’t expect anyone to agree with me. JMO

One could argue that Pritchett has been affected similarly by comp buggies. There's no reason that trail has to be that wide and anything that can be climbed has been climbed