Schoons Buggy Build

chadschoon

Will do sixstringsteve and thanks. Got to drive it for the first time last night. I haven't found any issues yet

chadschoon

So I have a little trip report. Probably the lamest ever but oh well ;) Went to Moab last weekend (Car show weekend) for it's maiden voyage. Got to Moab thursday afternoon and decided to hit hells revenge and catch up to some friends we had down there already. Got to the hot tubs and escalator pretty quick and then it decided to dump cats and dogs so we headed out as fast as possible. Desert rain storms are cool to see but when hail is ponding you in the hands and face it's a different story lol. Friday we ran pritchett canyon, I was impressed as to how the buggy was working on what I had tested it on so far. Walked right up chewey with no problem. Did the ledge right before the little bowl area just below rocker knocker and then thats when things started to go down hill. My freshly rebuilt tranny with maybe 10 miles on it started to act up. Any forward gear took some rpm's to engage the gear and then as soon as you would stop it would act as if it was in neutral. Got to the bottom of rocker knocker and checked the fluid and added a little hoping it was just a little low on fluid. Wasn't the case, got to rocker knocker and let the group I was with play around while I ate lunch then decided to head back and take it easy. Saturday morning I decided to pull the tranny pan and put a new filter on it and new fluid, then we all headed out to BFE. The tranny was working better but as soon as I got to the entrance of BFE it acted up again. As soon as it would heat up and get to temp is when it would start to act up. Headed down to the entrance of helldarado and parked the buggy. Walked the trail and watched my group shoot the water fall at the end. Needless to say the tranny is being torn down at the tranny shop as of yesterday. They dont know what it could be as of yet until they have it torn down, they say it is like its not pumping when up to temp. Guess we will see. Im not sure you can have a bad trip to Moab even with problems :) The brewery and Zax was amazing as always :) Good to see old man Bart down there as well :) Dont really have anything for pics, have a few gopro vids ill try and get up.

526de33a.jpg

5030793b.jpg

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Sounds about right for a maiden run. Glad you made the best of it! Keep us posted on what the transmission issue ends up being.

Do you plan on coming down for the BBQ?

cjncustoms

Very disappointing to say the least. I felt really bad for ya buddy! All in all it was really fun trip! They'll get her figured out in no time buddy!

Bart

Your buggy was looking and working great when we saw you. It looked like you were having some issues at the playground below Rocker Knocker but I thought you had it under control. Sorry to hear about the tranny and hope you can get it fixed soon.

Coco

Did the ledge right before the little bowl area just below rocker knocker

Sorry to hear about the issues you had chad :( The buggy look SICK tho! Looks really good!

That ledge is actually called Damon Falls for as long as I have known. Atleast as far as I know?

I guess it was named after my Uncle that put his Ford Ranger at the time on its side there.

chadschoon

Well got it all back and running. They said it was a sealant ring that had collapesed. No idea what that is but it all seems to be working better then before. So I'm ready for another trip!!! Shane the BBQ sounds fun. I'll have to see if I can swing it :)

chadschoon

They also replaced the sealant rings with Teflon rings to help it last I guess. I have no clue what's inside transmissions lol

chadschoon

got it back and going. Its nice having a play ground right by your house. Most of my neighbors think its cool but there may be one that is starting to hate me lol.

[video=youtube_share;YvoLnS-uEL8]http://youtu.be/YvoLnS-uEL8[/video]

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
They also replaced the sealant rings with Teflon rings to help it last I guess. I have no clue what's inside transmissions lol

Come on, you know exactly what's inside....they all contain Magic. ;) If you start letting the Magic out, that's when problems start. :D

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
That play pit is nice, it must be nice to have you own personal dirt track for testing! Hope the fixed tranny stays fixed for ya!