Schoons Buggy Build

chadschoon

Ok so here it goes. For those of you who don't know I sold the TJ so that we could build our new buggy. Its going to be tough to go all summer without wheeling but it will be worth it in the end ;) Ben Hanks Racing is doing the build.

Here are the specs as of right now ;)
FJ 40 narrowed fiberglass hood and grill
2 Seater
Ford dana 60 kingpin
14 bolt rear
6.0 Ls2 motor
turbo 400 rebuilt or a hughes
atlas 3.8
prp seats
fox 14" coilovers
fox air bumps
8" up travel
108" wheel base
17" walker evans beadlocks
40" maxxis creepy crawlers

Schoonsbuggy003.jpg

Schoonsbuggy001.jpg

Schoonsbuggy004.jpg

Schoonsbuggy005.jpg

Schoonsbuggy006.jpg

Schoonsbuggy008.jpg

Schoonsbuggy009.jpg

Schoonsbuggy010.jpg

turbohaulic

I don't know it just is!
Looks like you've got just about everything to do it right the first time, thats going to be sweet! I think 108 is just right on the wheel base:D (just cause thats what I'm at) Ha

Deweyxj

Invisible, on purpose!
I've got all the cool build ideas, & no cash! You guys have all that shop space & cool tools & stuff, right??:D

I'll do ya a favah. I'll rent your shop on da weekends for about a buck fifty un owah un yous guys can cova somada rent rent widdatt... Right?:greg:

BEACH

Casey Beach Racing
Supporting Member
You should tell Casey to bend that upper windshield bar more to give that mean&nasty look to it chadly!

Im trying to make it simpler than usual. Without the huge eyebrow it will be benificial because it will take less time to build the roof. :D

BEACH

Casey Beach Racing
Supporting Member
Only the best :)

Thanks for all the compliments..:D No corner cutting. We had a discusion about this buggy before it was put in stone and I recall him saying... "I want a nice comfortable, fast, reliable, one off, go anywhere buggy that can keep up with my driving style". I am doing my best to make this happen. When this is all said and done it will be an amazing machine. Chad is sure steppin up to the plate with this build. I almost have chad convinced to purchase fully fabed housings with Sixty9 dropouts. If all goes well his old axles will be up on here for sale in no time!!!

Last edited:

cjncustoms

Im trying to make it simpler than usual. Without the huge eyebrow it will be benificial because it will take less time to build the roof. :D

Ah yes i see!! Good point! As said before your work is second to none casey!:D

Thanks for all the compliments..:D No corner cutting. We had a discusion about this buggy before it was put in stone and I recall him saying... "I want a nice comfortable, fast, reliable, one off, go anywhere buggy that can keep up with my driving style". I am doing my best to make this happen. When this is all said and done it will be an amazing machine. Chad is sure steppin up to the plate with this build. I almost have chad convinced to purchase fully fabed housings with Sixty9 dropouts. If all goes well his old axles will be up on here for sale in no time!!!

Im sure it will not be hard to convince chad to do this! Especially cause nobody else will have them!;)

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Looking forward to the progress Chad! This buggy is going to be another awesome rig rolling out of the shop :cool:

I spy with my little eye: a sad red TJ in covered in plastic...

:rofl: It's time is coming... we've had a temporary delay, but updates should begin shortly :D

chadschoon

Some new parts showed up on the doorstep the other day! The wife bought me some sweet new brake peddles for my birthday for the buggy as well :D

IMG_7858.jpg

IMG_7841.jpg

IMG_7860.jpg

Last edited:

chadschoon

Here is a couple more pics of some of the tube work on the front bumper and a few other things.

The square looking tube behind the bumper is hidden behind the grill if you were wondering ;)

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg