Short arm lift with a Rubicon Unlimited.

fire4j15

Anyone out there had experience with a 4" short arm lift on a 06' rubicon unlimited. Heard bad things about that set-up. Not stable on the freeway compared with a long arm kit. Anyone know?

Win Heger

I can't speak for the short arm but I just had a 4" Teraflex L/A put in my '05 Rubicon Unltd. The ride is as good or a lttle better than stock, on the hiway. I,also, went with Hankook RT03 M/Ts and they are quieter and smoother than the MTRs. IMHO

I've not had it off road, yet, but expect it perform well.

Win

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
I don't think you would have a problem with a 4" short arm lift. There are hundreds of 94" wheel base TJs running around with them. With your unlimited your even better off. Of course a long arm will ride better and flex better.

fire4j15

Thanks guys, anyone else out there with a unlimited that has short or long arm kit installed. Would like your feed back on what you think about your lift. Thanks

fire4j15

If you budget allows get the long arm. What do you plan on doing with it?

Jay 5.9L This unlimited is going to be a daily driver along with moab trails quite often. I want to run alloy axles and 37" MTR's along with some kind of long arm lift.

fire4j15

Jay 5.9L, Your right, Long Arm. But I would just like to see what everyone else has tried and what they like and dislike. SO if you have a unlimited with any kind of lift please post up and tell me what you think. Thanks

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I've done Rubicon Express 4.5" on unlimited's and the owners are very happy with them. Same thing with the same or more with a long arm.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I have two brothers that have the RE 4.5 inch short arm lifts on their 05 and 06 Rubicon Unlimiteds. They both are very pleased with how they drive on the road. They say that the ride is a bit firmer than the stock springs. My sister in law drives one of the lifted ones and hasn't complained about how it drives.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Thanks guys, anyone else out there with a unlimited that has short or long arm kit installed. Would like your feed back on what you think about your lift. Thanks

I have an 04 unlimited project getting 35s, 4" SF with OME shocks this weekend. I'll post some pics and results on Sunday.

Marcus

erstanl

I have an '05 unlimited with 4" of Clayton longarm goodness. I have run short arms before in a TJ, and vowed I would never buy them again. Its not that they are bad, mine were quite reliable. They just didnt ride as well as longarms with the amount of lift I was running. When I got this current jeep, I held out and got the longarms. I am very pleased with the ride and the lack of binding in the suspension.

pennieslj

It is what it is.
I have an '05 Unlimited wit ha 4" SA. I've been running it this way for over two years and it's not bad at all. Yes the ride is a little firm but it is very liveable. I do plan to do the Clayton long arm upgrade in the future, but there are a number of other mods I would rather spend the money on first.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
I have an 04 unlimited project getting 35s, 4" SF with OME shocks this weekend. I'll post some pics and results on Sunday.

Marcus

Here they are.
m_25990110.jpg

m_26530318.jpg

m_27400529.jpg

The ProComp 4" coils and OME shocks are a great combination. I will be installing OME shocks on daily driven jeeps from now on.

Marcus

fire4j15

Thanks guys for all your info. I've decide what I'm going to do. I dropped my 06' solar yellow rubicon unlimited off at teraflex plus yesterday. It's going to recieve the full max LCG system, alloy axles, rock sliders, 37" tires. From what I have researched and seen the max LCG system seems to be the best. I can't wait to get it back. I will post pictures when it is done. Thanks guys.