Site Update - Error / Issue Reports - post your grievence here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Thanks for everybody's patience with this big update.

If you find something weird, something that doesn't seem right, or something that is bothering you.... post here so I have a list of issues to work against.
Thanks!

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
I can't stand how it is setup for phone, it's a real huge pain to navigate anywhere or see anyones post. I hate that you choose what section of the site you want to go too. It's alot easier and better for other people to see someones post, they way it used to be, Hit new post and everything was there that was posted. I can't see profile pics or who created a thread and there are no smiley faces or anything.

The way it's laid out on my phone pushes everyone of my piss me buttons. Please go back to the way it was!!!!

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I can't stand how it is setup for phone, it's a real huge pain to navigate anywhere or see anyones post. I hate that you choose what section of the site you want to go too. It's alot easier and better for other people to see someones post, they way it used to be, Hit new post and everything was there that was posted. I can't see profile pics or who created a thread and there are no smiley faces or anything.

The way it's laid out on my phone pushes everyone of my piss me buttons. Please go back to the way it was!!!!

Scroll down to the bottom and click "Full Site".
You won't get the mobile version again unless you sign out or clear your cache.

I'll be adding a "New Posts" button at the top of the mobile version probably tonight anyways.

Caleb

There seems to be problem with the mobile version...atleast on my devices. If you click the link in an email, only the banner loads and the rest of the page is plain white. If you browse to the post, or edit the url, it works.

For example, this first link does not work:

http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?87033-Great-deal-on-a-2TB-hard-drive&p=804574#post804574

If I change it to this, it works:

http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?87033-Great-deal-on-a-2TB-hard-drive&p=804574

I've tested on several different threads, and it's the same. I also changed to the full version of the site and it's fine, but when I log out and back in (so I have the mobile version again) it no longer works.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
So simply put, the "#post804574" is breaking the link on the mobile version? Thanks for the heads up!

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Its seems that way, at least on my devices (iOS devices).

You're right. I can replicate this problem on my iphone simulator. Hmm. I'll do some searching around to see if anybody has a resolution for it. Thanks!

edit - this is appears to be a global issue, not just on iphones. Still testing to figure what's up.

rondo

rondo
Herzog
all i get from this site now is red x where pics go. the only pics that show are some avatars. is it related to my norton anti-virus? did the cache instructions did not work.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
When I am logged into the mobile version on my Android and reply to a post my reply gets posted but instead of returning to the thread I get only the add banner at the top. Everything else is blank and I have to use the back button to get anywhere on the site.

Caleb

When I am logged into the mobile version on my Android and reply to a post my reply gets posted but instead of returning to the thread I get only the add banner at the top. Everything else is blank and I have to use the back button to get anywhere on the site.

That's a known issue. When you get to that mostly blank page, if you remove from the url everything after the # sign (including the # sign) it will work again. Shane is looking in to that issue though.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
dec1-rmeissue.jpgIssue on Firefox 8. Started about 7-8 pm last night? Posting this through the LIGHTNING fast IE9.

FFx8 will load the "new posts" but when I click on a post, I get the above message.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
View attachment 67936Issue on Firefox 8. Started about 7-8 pm last night? Posting this through the LIGHTNING fast IE9.

FFx8 will load the "new posts" but when I click on a post, I get the above message.

In Firefox - Tools -> clear recent history -> select cookies and make sure the dropdown box says "Everything".
You will have to log back in after you do this. Your browser has a malformed cookie for RME for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.