Skippys Build Thread

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Im pretty happy with the way it sits on the 42s. I picked up a kingpin 60 this last weekend so maybe after easter ill pull the front end back down and 3-link it and put the 60 in but we will see how the dana 44 and the leaf springs do

_Auzzy_

Current Rig: 12W Boots
my 44 held up good with my 39.5" rockers, never really all out thrashed it, but the one side i didnt put full circle clips on the joint and blue loc-tite the caps in popped one. what you doing for steering? just cross over or full hydro? cause i highly reccomend full, i got sick of listenting to my pump scream everytime i tryed turning my locked front end even on dirt.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
i already have the stuff to do the hydro assist from an old rig so for now im gonna run that but shortly after easter when i install my front 60 and link the front i will go full hydro then i just dont wanna go through the hassle of mounting a ful hydro set-up when its only temporary

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
2011-02-21_20-41-46_184.jpg

2011-02-21_19-27-09_940.jpg

well as of now the rear suspension is done i sleeved my lower links with 1.75" .120 wall chromoly so they should hold up atleast for a little while. Now we get to start the tube work on the frame, cage, fenders and other miscellaneous stuff

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Its different cuz this is the cheap way to do it.....LOL I would have loved to 4-link front and rear with coilovers and an atlas but my bank account just wont allow it while my wife is not working....... but as cheap as im building this it should still be plenty capable on the trail

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Well as of now it has a few trips out and about nothing to crazy just been trying to test it out and see what she will hold up to here is a pic of it all loaded up ready to go

2011-05-28_09-09-41_907.jpg