Snakes Thanksgiving 07

Meat_

Banned
Wow, such arrogence:-\
That's me. I grow weary of this conversation which seems to come around every 3 months.

How could I be wrong? I've witnessed it personally.

How many times have you been out there? Over what length of time? Built rigs do change the trail some, but they are not the ones that are trying to drive around everything and digging holes by spinning their nonlocked 31" all terrain until it starts smoking without gaining an inch.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
So there is a road at WW now? or like always, someone is off trail?
attachment.php

Just sayin' is all...:ugh::hickey:

jpest

Anti-Social Networking
That's me. I grow weary of this conversation which seems to come around every 3 months.

How many times have you been out there? Over what length of time? Built rigs do change the trail some, but they are not the ones that are trying to drive around everything and digging holes by spinning their nonlocked 31" all terrain until it starts smoking without gaining an inch.

I first heard about it reading the threads about SukaB trying to drive Eagles nest in Blackie right after people started going out there. I went out in my sprung over YJ with 36" tires and ARB's. I did not attempt to go up the Con as I was scared to break my Dana 30 axles. I did however witness several built rigs make their way up the trail taking out tree and shrub branches along the way.

By the way if your so tired of the coversation why chime in on all the Con/Snake threads?:p

Last edited:

jcanderson33jp

I've seen buggies do quite a bit of damage to trails just because they think they can go any where and take any line. Rocker Knocker is a good example. I watched a buggy sit and dig holes for about an hour one day trying to go on left side where it used to not be part of the trail. We all do damage to the trail and the key is knowing where the trail is and what isn't part of the trail and knowing our own limitations so that we don't destroy an obsticle just because we are stubbern.

Meat_

Banned
By the way if your so tired of the coversation why chime in on all the Con/Snake threads?:p

A vain effort to save the only two trails in the Wasatch Front? Although after the last time I was on Con, I think it's too late.... maybe it should just be left to the mild built crowd, and maybe any trail that may exist in the state that Con was a few years ago should be kept secret.

R.I.P. Constrictor?

maybe it should just be left to the mild built crowd, and maybe any trail that may exist in the state that Con was a few years ago should be kept secret.

You know that's not the right answer. :)

You know that the right answer is that we need to educate all the yahoos about respecting the trail. Granted, it's a much harder job, but a much more valuable outcome (more trails). I have good feelings about the Tooele County Trails Committee. I think we can get some new stuff designated. Hopefully people will bring out their "secret" trails. I know it's a touchy subject, but I just don't think it's in the best interest of the 4x4 community as a whole.

By the way, I think any wash bottom trail with a loose base will be modified to some point by any vehicle travel (built rigs treading lightly, or under-built rigs kicking dirt). The under-built rigs kicking dirt will definitely make it happen faster.

Lifelong Jeeper

Crying over spilled milk now aren't we?

It's done and does it suck? Yes of course it does. So let's get busy and get some repair or some kind of work going on it....though it's likely too cold by now. Anybody up for this spring? I am.

The fact is this...it started out as an experts only trail but it evolved into a lesser one. I would venture to guess that this happens to most trails. We know that every rig that has ever attempted this trail, built or stock, has caused an impact upon it. We all are responsible for its deterioration. If any of you believe otherwise then you are ignorant and naive. One of the beauties of living in this great nation is the ability and freedom to explore PUBLIC lands. Everyone, regardless of their tire size has this right. Unfortunately not everyone in the offroading community is accountable/responsible (regardless of tire size). In fact I bet the LARGE majority of offroad enthusiasts aren't. We have an uphill battle to educate everyone involved and the responsibility to teach the next generation to be respectful of the laws and trails, and to get involved in the preservation of these rights. Quit pointing fingers at others and just look in the mirror for the responsible party. Divided we cannot win this battle so lets start working together in order to effect a positive change. Anybody reading this should at least be U4WDA members. Start there if you aren't.

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Crying over spilled milk now aren't we?

It's done and does it suck? Yes of course it does. So let's get busy and get some repair or some kind of work going on it....though it's likely too cold by now. Anybody up for this spring? I am.

The fact is this...it started out as an experts only trail but it evolved into a lesser one. I would venture to guess that this happens to most trails. We know that every rig that has ever attempted this trail, built or stock, has caused an impact upon it. We all are responsible for its deterioration. If any of you believe otherwise then you are ignorant and naive. One of the beauties of living in this great nation is the ability and freedom to explore PUBLIC lands. Everyone, regardless of their tire size has this right. Unfortunately not everyone in the offroading community is accountable/responsible (regardless of tire size). In fact I bet the LARGE majority of offroad enthusiasts aren't. We have an uphill battle to educate everyone involved and the responsibility to teach the next generation to be respectful of the laws and trails, and to get involved in the preservation of these rights. Quit pointing fingers at others and just look in the mirror for the responsible party. Divided we cannot win this battle so lets start working together in order to effect a positive change. Anybody reading this should at least be U4WDA members. Start there if you aren't.

Well said. :)

venpick

77 fj40
cuz hmmmmm needed to be said

like hmmmm aparently people think themselves to be the trail police and need to tell people what they should do. or the forum police and say things like why don't you delete instead of edit. well lets all live and let live and mind our own business. or maybe i just should not say anything if i cant say anything nice and just think out loud like hmmmmmm. why try to argue with every one on a forum when its just not worth my time. Why try to tell people in their stock rigs hey you cant go down this trail cuz only mine is good enough. My best memories are schooling people in built rigs with my stock yota. But still people say hey you cant take that thing up here. cuz im the law whatever. or maybe i'll just say hmmmmmm maybe if my forum was bigger than yours id be annoyed that people spend so much of their time fighting over stupid things and the topics "get widened" from look we had fun and went wheeling to HEY YOU CAN'T DO THAT.

Last edited:

krazz1e

my opinion has changed over the years. I now stand at, if you don' have the rig for the trail, don't drive it. If you can't haul yourself out you don't belong there. Not trying to be harsh, but where do you draw the limit? You do otherwise you get bypasses created and people getting stuck, breaking **** and a bunch of unhappy people.

venpick

77 fj40
I Agree with you krazz1e, people should not get off the original trail and if you cant get yourself out dont go. But breaking S#% is cool and getting stuck is fun thats why we do it. you cant tell me that you built your truck to never get stuck. Remember the original trail did not exist at one point. If it were truly possible to never get off trail, all trails would be two tracks tire width wide. I get tired of hearing people tell other people you cant go there or that they should not be allowed to run a trail because their vehicle is not capable. I say let everyone have their fun and just take care of your own business. It not our job to police other people. When you see those people stuck on the trail help them to a wide spot (if they are idiots dynamite works well for this purpose)so you can get around, take all of their beer and remember how much fun you used to have when you go wheelin. Who knows maybe you meet some really nice people just out trying to have fun.

Last edited:

venpick

77 fj40
we are all guilty of taking a line on the side of the trail or at a diffent angle even following our own tracks so its just futile to say trails arent going to change over time and get wider or eroded or what ever but remember the mountains will still be here long after we are gone.
to correct myself earlier the real fun is when your buddies POS gets stuck and you have to pull him out.
I just read what greg said about everyone having the right to run the trail regardless of tire size. That is exactly what im saying.

Last edited:
Okay I have a question about I guess the name of it is eagles nest? Now I do not go that far since I know I do not want to break anything and have some yota pull me out j/k. But if someone can not make it up and over the winch up from the anchor. Should that have really been put there. I mean it sou7nds like most of this topic has been changed to if your not buit to make it dont try. Just a question. I know what I can do in mine and I do not want to break anything.