Political So now what

Political discussions within

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Meh. Trump will be fine as long as they don’t steal the election again. He WILL win, it’s not possible that BIDEN would get more ACTUAL votes. So yeah, they can try and STEAL the election again, but they have a taste of what we’re ready to do if they try to pull that again.

…..

…..

…..

😁
Weren’t there more votes casted in 2020 than registered voters? Like by a long shot? I thought I read about that somewhere

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Again, I haven't researched or looked into anyone much.. But these are the kind of videos I see from Rami, and I really like them.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
See, told you I didn't pay attention :rofl:
Your only real options now are Trump, DeSantis, and Haley. DeSantis will likely withdrawal before the New Hampshire primary because he's running out of money and hasn't put much of a ground game together there. That leaves only Trump and Haley. Haley has a chance of winning the New Hampshire primary, where she is polling quite high. If she wins there, even marginally, that will damage the "inevitable" image of Trump and give her momentum into South Carolina, which is her home state. If she were able to pull off a win there as well, that could really turn this into a competitive race.
March 5th, or "Super Tuesday" (which is Utah's caucus day), is the make or break day. If Haley can win a plurality of the states, that'll probably take the primary all the way to the Convention and there's a realistic chance she could win the nomination there, particularly if she were to choose DeSantis as her running mate. If she can't, its over and we can all settle in for four more years of the Biden-Harris debacle. Because lets face it, a vote for Trump in the primary is effectively a vote for Biden in November.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Your only real options now are Trump, DeSantis, and Haley. DeSantis will likely withdrawal before the New Hampshire primary because he's running out of money and hasn't put much of a ground game together there. That leaves only Trump and Haley. Haley has a chance of winning the New Hampshire primary, where she is polling quite high. If she wins there, even marginally, that will damage the "inevitable" image of Trump and give her momentum into South Carolina, which is her home state. If she were able to pull off a win there as well, that could really turn this into a competitive race.
March 5th, or "Super Tuesday" (which is Utah's caucus day), is the make or break day. If Haley can win a plurality of the states, that'll probably take the primary all the way to the Convention and there's a realistic chance she could win the nomination there, particularly if she were to choose DeSantis as her running mate. If she can't, its over and we can all settle in for four more years of the Biden-Harris debacle. Because lets face it, a vote for Trump in the primary is effectively a vote for Biden in November.
This is an interesting post and like the idea of it. I'm wondering why you think Biden will win against Trump? Are we assuming if the two go head to head that there will be cheating involved? Assuming a true and fair race, I'm getting the impression that Dems are pulling away from Biden. Are you guessing they will still vote for him because of their hatred of Trump? I can't imagine too many past Trump supporters voting for Biden, but do see past Biden supporters voting for Trump. That should give him the win?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
This is an interesting post and like the idea of it. I'm wondering why you think Biden will win against Trump? Are we assuming if the two go head to head that there will be cheating involved? Assuming a true and fair race, I'm getting the impression that Dems are pulling away from Biden. Are you guessing they will still vote for him because of their hatred of Trump? I can't imagine too many past Trump supporters voting for Biden, but do see past Biden supporters voting for Trump. That should give him the win?
No jab on Stephen, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't believe the last election was fraudulent and the polls are trending in a direction that matches his assumptions. (correct me if I'm wrong!) However, the polls also trended heavily toward Clinton the whole year prior to 2016.

I think it was obvious fraud on many fronts. I'm not sure how they solve the fraud issue since we all figured they would have solved it last round. No mail-in bullshit would be an obvious one.

DAA

Trump got elected on a combination of Anyone But Hillary and Dem voter complacency.

Now it's Anyone But Trump cancelling any chance of Dem voter complacency. Compounded by a significant portion of both Rep an independent voters also leaning Anyone But Trump. 49% of Iowa caucus goers didn't vote for him. It's likely some of them won't vote for him in November either.

- DAA

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Trump got elected on a combination of Anyone But Hillary and Dem voter complacency.

Now it's Anyone But Trump cancelling any chance of Dem voter complacency. Compounded by a significant portion of both Rep an independent voters also leaning Anyone But Trump. 49% of Iowa caucus goers didn't vote for him. It's likely some of them won't vote for him in November either.

- DAA
I believe the big factor for undecided/independant when it comes to Trump for 2024 is whether his campaign is going to focus on the past or what he is going to fix the mess that has arose in the last 4 years. So far he has been talking mostly about what he is going to do to fix the mess. As long as he stays on that message, he will gather up people who are not anyone but trump.

Time will tell

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
As stated before, Trump is the biggest political loser in modern American history. Unless his opponent is named Hillary Clinton and the year is 2016, he loses. He's already run against Biden in 2020 and lost. The 2022 midterms should have been a resounding win for Republicans considering how low Bidens approval rating was, but because Trump inserted himself full throatily into many of the most important and most competitive elections up and down the ballot, Republicans vastly underperformed and lost many easily winnable elections. Basically, as I've said before, Donald Trump is a Democratic voter turnout machine. If he's even in sniffing distance of the ballot, Democrats and independents vote against him and his proxies. They don't come out in droves to vote for the Democratic candidate, that person can be the looniest wacko around, it doesn't matter. They come out to vote against Trump. That's all they care about.

There are not enough passionate Trump loyalist to offset this phenomenon. In 2016 he had the benefit of being a political unknown and enough people, myself included, were willing to roll the dice and see what would happen. Beginning in 2018, he'd lost the middle ground and today, its completely gone. That's not to say that Trump v. Biden II would be a cake walk for Biden, it'll be a close election and there is a slim possibility that Trump could pull it out, but I highly doubt it because he has spent all of his time out of office making himself even more unlikable to the people he needs most, moderate independents and traditional center-right Reagan Republicans. Many of the independents will probably vote for Biden or just stay home. Many of the center-right voters will either vote for a No Labels type candidate or stay home. Meanwhile, everyone even slightly associated with the political Left will vote for Biden.

Conversely, Nikki Haley is currently showing a 17% lead over Biden in a head to head. Why pick a candidate who at best has a 50/50 chance of winning when you can go with someone who has an overwhelming chance at victory?

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I believe the big factor for undecided/independant when it comes to Trump for 2024 is whether his campaign is going to focus on the past or what he is going to fix the mess that has arose in the last 4 years. So far he has been talking mostly about what he is going to do to fix the mess. As long as he stays on that message, he will gather up people who are not anyone but trump.

Time will tell
He still spends a significant amount of time attempting to relitigate the past, and really until very recently, that's all he did. His loyalty test is that you have to agree with him that the 2020 election was stolen. The vast majority of the public disagrees with him on that point, and they are not forgetting that any time soon. He can talk all he wants about closing the border or cleaning up the streets or draining the swamp, most people wont forgive him for being the first President in history not to concede an election. It just further solidifies that he's a sore loser, and most people don't like cry babies.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
He still spends a significant amount of time attempting to relitigate the past, and really until very recently, that's all he did. His loyalty test is that you have to agree with him that the 2020 election was stolen. The vast majority of the public disagrees with him on that point, and they are not forgetting that any time soon. He can talk all he wants about closing the border or cleaning up the streets or draining the swamp, most people wont forgive him for being the first President in history not to concede an election. It just further solidifies that he's a sore loser, and most people don't like cry babies.
I don't think Hilary ever conceded her election loss......granted she was not President.

Pike2350

That headline is entrance polls for a GOP caucus. That alone will poll higher.

Given that still 31% don't believe it was a stolen election and roughly 50% of the country are not R's that would lend to over 75% that likely don't really believe it was stolen. I think most believe there was some funny business on both sides but I also believe most think it was not to a large enough extent to actually sway or steal the election.

To me Trump will be the next Hillary. He will bring voters out just to vote against him....people dispise him that much just like they did Hillary.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time

Could an over turn of Chevron remove power from the BLM to designate land as wilderness?

I know it would help prevent the silly rules the ATF comes up with.

This again showing that the judges Trump appointed can really make the difference.

Houndoc

Think of it this way.

Trump lost 2020 (some don't believe that, but will treat that as fact.)

To win Trump either needs to get people who supported Biden to switch votes or count on severe voter apathy from Democrats and independent voters.

What has Trump "accomplished " over the last four years to make people switch their votes?

Found liable in court for sexual assault.

Indicted on over 90 criminal counts, most felonies, in 4 different cases.

Had his company convicted of tax fraud.

Currently in court for civil fraud charges.

You can argue all you want about the validity of all those, but they are the facts as it now stands.

So, if you want Biden out of office (a goal I support) then help the GOP run a different candidate.

Jesser04

Think of it this way.

Trump lost 2020 (some don't believe that, but will treat that as fact.)

To win Trump either needs to get people who supported Biden to switch votes or count on severe voter apathy from Democrats and independent voters.

What has Trump "accomplished " over the last four years to make people switch their votes?

Found liable in court for sexual assault.

Indicted on over 90 criminal counts, most felonies, in 4 different cases.

Had his company convicted of tax fraud.

Currently in court for civil fraud charges.

You can argue all you want about the validity of all those, but they are the facts as it now stands.

So, if you want Biden out of office (a goal I support) then help the GOP run a different candidate.
If they get another candidate the republicans have no chance. Trump voters are trump or nothing kind of people.

Reactions: DAA