Political So now what

Political discussions within

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I think this is probably the best-ish place for this comment but 🤷🏼‍♂️
I’ve been pretty open-minded and have been slow to make my mind up about pot being legal for rec use… but after spending a couple days in Vegas and a handful in SoCal I’m forming a new opinion. It’s been SO prevalent that I’m tired of it. It’s been around us the whole time, for real. Like we can’t get away from the clouds of pot smoke. After a day at the beach my clothes legitimately smelled like weed. That’s gross. I don’t want to smell anything outside besides normal outside smells. I don’t think people are bad for smoking it- let’s not be ridiculous- but I’m also not super keen on having to smell it everywhere. Feel free to call me a square I guess.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I’ve been pretty open-minded and have been slow to make my mind up about pot being legal for rec use… but after spending a couple days in Vegas and a handful in SoCal I’m forming a new opinion. It’s been SO prevalent that I’m tired of it. It’s been around us the whole time, for real. Like we can’t get away from the clouds of pot smoke. After a day at the beach my clothes legitimately smelled like weed. That’s gross. I don’t want to smell anything outside besides normal outside smells. I don’t think people are bad for smoking it- let’s not be ridiculous- but I’m also not super keen on having to smell it everywhere. Feel free to call me a square I guess.
Totally agree. There’s still a skunky smell in my new YJ. 😬

I could care less if people use it, but it does stink when used in that form.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
@Stephen
I will leave it that we have different perspectives on the Middle East- I agree completely with your assessment of Palestinian leadership and we all agree the Hamas attacks are completely unjustified.

I see more human rights and other issues from the Israeli side both before and during the war than you do. Fine.
I was in Argentina when 9/11 happened. Was pretty shocking to see public celebrations and marches in the street with US flag burnings. Plenty of people in the world, including many lefty folks here in country, see the US as a big imperialist menace that is due for some comeuppance here and there. Just a different world-view altogether. I imagine those folks agree with your take on Israel.

I tend to give Israel a wide berth of leniency given that they’re surrounded with countries bursting with religious extremists bent on wiping Israel literally off the map. The Islamic extremists have done a great job convincing me that these f’ers mean BUSINESS, so I tend to excuse some heavy handed responses by the Israelis, maybe more than some. Hard to think of things outside of their context I suppose.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member

This in literally every big city I visit, its horrible. All for personal freedom but i'm so tired of smelling this literally everywhere I go at work.

mighty midjet

Can we ban vaping for the same reasons?! I'm so sick of that stink being everywhere.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Wait, a forum full of personal liberty folks are now trying to outlaw something because they don't like the way it smells?

I don't like the way pot smells, or diesel exhaust, or patchouli nor do I like the look of the ghost-skull shirts (which have now morphed into ghost-flag shirts) or open-carry dweebs (the Venn diagram of some of these groups is basically a single circle fwiw). But because I respect people's right to do something pretty harmless, I just make fun of those people instead. Pot smoking hippies (and others) are definitely not a protected class, so they are fair game for making fun of. At least be thankful they aren't vaping (and vapers are definitely not a protected class and should be heavily ridiculed).

Really gun culture and pot culture people should be homies. Both are fighting for their right to do something that is harmless when done responsibly. Both are obnoxious. Medically one has a ton of evidence speaking to it's ability to treat or provide comfort to people with a variety of mental issues, and one stopped the red-coats (and could absolutely benefit from a society with an overall increased level of mental health and "chill". Safe to say no mass shootings were carried out under the influence of marijuana).

Last edited:

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Wait, a forum full of personal liberty folks are now trying to outlaw something because they don't like the way it smells?

I don't like the way pot smells, or diesel exhaust, or patchouli nor do I like the look of the ghost-skull shirts (which have now morphed into ghost-flag shirts) or open-carry dweebs (the Venn diagram of some of these groups is basically a single circle fwiw). But because I respect people's right to do something pretty harmless, I just make fun of those people instead. Pot smoking hippies (and others) are definitely not a protected class, so they are fair game for making fun of. At least be thankful they aren't vaping (and vapers are definitely not a protected class and should be heavily ridiculed).

Really gun culture and pot culture people should be homies. Both are fighting for their right to do something that is harmless when done responsibly. Both are obnoxious. Medically one has a ton of evidence speaking to it's ability to treat or provide comfort to people with a variety of mental elements, and one stopped the red-coats (and could absolutely benefit from a society with an overall increased level of mental health and "chill". Safe to say no mass shootings were carried out under the influence of marijuana).
Oddly enough, it's a federal offense to posses a firearm and marijuana, unless your dad is the pres. This should be changed and hopefully will be soon.
The hardest part of personal freedom for most people is that other people get to have it too.

I'll take the smell of pot over opiate overdoses in mass. I'm pretty surprised that smoking pot is more common than eating of vaping it. Not sure how vaping THC fits on Cody's protected class scale.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I think people can vape THC. That's honestly better than the normal vape. At least they have a valid reason, just don't make it smell like razzleberry.

I'm sure it's more common to smoke than other things, mostly because of the cost of procuring the more processed products.

Also, in hindsight, I'd probably guess that shootings have happened while using marijuana. I think gang culture is pretty into weed, and I'm sure some sort of drive-by's have happened while out space-cruising.

I grew up in a house that grew marijuana for personal use, and also smoked 5 packs of cigarettes per day. I've never smoked a cigarette or done pot in any form. My preferred drug is talking shit.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I totally respect their right to do it, it’s just a little overwhelming to not be able to walk the streets or go to the beach without having it on my clothes. I’m pretty sure I’m entitled to that opinion, right?