Spotted

heavy18

XJNation
Spotted this clean little extended FJ on Sunday on I15 around Springville(??) First time I've seen one of these north of the border; and I'm no expo aficionado but that looks like an RTT to me:
uploadfromtaptalk1367463918296.jpg

I'm not one for antiques, but I love how these have seatbelts for 10 people!

Last edited:

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
That is my son's Comanche.

Dave, is this your rig?

IMG_20130501_153750_851.jpg

Coco

Haha I am always up at smiths lol

Steve, wouldn't it be 3rd gen Tacoma? There was the Tacoma before yours, yours, and then the 3rd gen? 05+ body style.

Donner

Isuzu junkie
Today about 6pm, parked at Kent's market in Roy. Alaska tags.
(My appologies for the poor quality cell phone pics)

Attachments

• Image0308.jpg
    Image0308.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 39
  • Image0307.jpg
    Image0307.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 40

STAG

On my grind
Haha I am always up at smiths lol

Steve, wouldn't it be 3rd gen Tacoma? There was the Tacoma before yours, yours, and then the 3rd gen? 05+ body style.

Yeah Colton if you were thinking of the body style earlier than Steve's green Tacoma "Abner", that is referred to only as the Toyota Pickup. I learned this the hard way by posting a YouTube video of a Toyota Pickup and I labeled it as a Tacoma. I received about 100 emails from trolls saying "not a Tacoma, it's a pickup".

There are technically only two generations of Tacoma.

sixstringsteve

Actually, Abner was a Tacoma (96 or 97?). My grey 94 was a pickup.

The 1st gen tacomas had 3 different headlights. First were rectangular set in. Second here the ones like a 3rd gen runner, then in 2001 they became more rounded like my current truck.

The reason people get bent out of shape between tacos and pickup nomenclature is because everything changed on 1995.5 with the Tacoma: suspension, engines, transmissions, etc. Even the axles changed. Aside from the fact they have a bed theyre quite different. Kinda like yj vs Tj.

A 1995 pickup with the 3.0 v6 is a completely different vehicle than a 96 Tacoma with struts, and a 3.4 L v6.

I don't normally correct people unless they work at a company that specializes in Toyota offroad parts. :p

Last edited:

Coco

Time for a correction on you :D

The Tacoma you think has the same headlights as the 4runners, not so. They are their own, the 4runner headlights have a different slant for the grilles.

On the confusion of the 'gens' of Tacomas for me would be, you had Abner, to me would be 1st gen, then 2nd gen (your current truck 02-04) then 3rd gen (05-12) now 4th gen (12-current)

Ya I guess that would be based roughly on the body styles, but mostly I just go by the year for the Tacoma. That will tell me what I need to know :D

Coco

Probably not even worth posting, but this is the best pic I could get that you could actually see...

Really nice FJ80 heading north on I15 Thursday or Friday night? California plates, expo'd out as Joseph would say.

841C69C4-9F32-4511-B985-62B1A423B2CE-4904-000006F35B165C0B_zps38ffc7de.jpg

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Any more info on this one Kurt?

05?, he ran it with an OME set up for many years but swapped out the front end this last year. Super cool bloke, he is an old cruiserhead and helped me with cruiseroutfitters for many years too. He is a member here on RME but I'm betting he hasnt logged in for a minute.