St. George Winter Riding Trip Report

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I guess I better get to uploading.

Oh and Greg I only wish mine was a 450, it's a 400.

What a rad ride.
I loved the sand.
and racing me and Luke racing after James in that long sandy wash.
and doing big drops into washes.
And that big nasty loose shale off camber hill climb on the second ride Saturday that Greg, Jared and Tyson skipped out on to rest.
I feel like we learned how to ride whoops faster than ever before by watching and following James.

I think we might go do that team race.

Every time we went to go it eat it was a riot: I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

I'm super worn and beat up, I think at this point it's easier to count the stuff that isn't sore rather that what is sore. Thank goodness for Chiropractors.

Let's make this an annual thing.

Last edited:

Cascadia

Undecided
James convinced me to do that next team race with you. The hard part will be putting it into action. Doing something the first time is always difficult. Unless you are peer pressured into rolling down a cliff or super steep ridge. You have to do it. Maybe we have to race. :eek:

Ive be got no problem making this trip annual. Or even biannual. :cool:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Mesquite will definately be shorter, but with the sand, it is a toss up as to whether it will be easier. Hope to see you guys there......you will have a great time.

Cascadia

Undecided
Mesquite will definately be shorter, but with the sand, it is a toss up as to whether it will be easier. Hope to see you guys there......you will have a great time.
I think we're trying to decide to race as novice or amateur. Obviously amateur will be way more competitive and I wonder if we'll have it in us to even compete with them. I think I will need a new tire for a super sandy race. I lost a lot of tread on this weekends trip. Lots and lots of tire spinning.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
My video... I didn't film the playing in the Maze, the miles of whoops and some other fun stuff... and the massive hill we dropped off on Sunday looked lame, so it didn't make the cut either.

[video=youtube;81-0epnR2_U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81-0epnR2_U[/video]

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I think we're trying to decide to race as novice or amateur. Obviously amateur will be way more competitive and I wonder if we'll have it in us to even compete with them. I think I will need a new tire for a super sandy race. I lost a lot of tread on this weekends trip. Lots and lots of tire spinning.

awesome, You guys are more than welcome to pit with us, we should have plenty of support.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
If you are doing team there are no class designations. It is a heads up open class that starts with the amateur wave.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
If you are doing team there are no class designations. It is a heads up open class that starts with the amateur wave.

and in Mesquite, the Expert and Amateurs are on track at the same time, and race for longer than the Novice who race on thier own, It might be easier for you guys to race solo novice, or sportsman class, but you will be fine either way.

-race hijack-

BUZZARDS MC
PLEASE KEEP PETS ON LEASH
Race Info: USRA Points, NO PIT RIDING
NO Riding in area 15 days prior to race!
Pre-Entry deadline Jan. 18th,2014
RIDERS MUST HAVE:
USFS Spark Arrestor
Correct color combination and Numbers
Pie plates avail. set of 3 $5.00
Current USRA Member Card
USRA membership available at race
Full Year--$25 Day Pass--$10
USRA Questions call Lila Lundgreen 801-616-3654
Questions
Race Chairan: Je Lundgreen 801-916-6716
Co Chairman:
MINIS: Pre sign$40
Riders Meeting: 1:45pm at start
Race Starts: 2:00pm
6 mile loop for 1 hour 100% Trophies
Everyone nishes after the leader.
PEE WEE $25 100% TROPHIES
Start: Approx. 3:30 (after Mini’s) run for 30 min
BIG BIKES Pre sign $40 Day of $50
TEAM $60/$70 SPORTSMAN $40
EX-AM run for 1.5hr NOV. run for 1hr
EX-AM Riders Meeting: 10:15 at start
EX-AM Race Starts: Appox. 10:30am
NOV. Riders Meeting: 12:15 at start
NOV. Race Starts: 12:30pm
Loop: Approx 10 miles
Everyone Finishes after Leader
40% TROPHIES 100% 0/60’s
ATV Pre $40 Day of $50
Riders Meeting: 8:45 at start
Race Starts: Appox. 9:00am
Loop: Approx 10 miles
Everyone Finishes after Leader
40% TROPHIES
LATE SIGN-UP AFTER 10:00AM EXTRA $20 FEE
FRIDAY SIGN UP AT THE VIRGIN RIVER MEETING ROOMS
8:00 PM TO 10:00 PM
AWARDS - VIRGIN RIVER MEETING ROOM SAT. 6:00PM
VIRGIN RIVER- 877-438-2929 CODE 3USRA14 FOR $45.00
RATES ARE FOR FRIDAY AND SAT. CALL BEFORE 1-15-2014
PRE-SIGNS RECIEVE 5 FREE TICKETS FOR CONTINGENCIES
ALL TIMES ARE MST
MESQUITE GRAND PRIX
SAT JAN.25TH 2014
SAT. SIGN-UP AT PITS
PITS ARE SAME AS LAST YEAR
WE PLAN ON RUNNING THE MX TRACK
8:30am - 10:00am For Minis 1:00pm-1:30pm
Pre-Sign ends Jan 18th 2014, mail to Buzzards, 9584 N Elk Ridge Dr. Eagle Mountain, UT 84005
Minis $40, Big Bikes, $45, Team $60.
Name:_________________________________________________________ USRA#_____________
Address________________________________City:___________________ST:__________Zip:________
Circle One: EXPERT AMATEUR NOVICE TEAM SPORTSMAN PEE WEE
Circle one: 125 250 Open 0/30 0/35 0/40 0/45 0/50 0/60 85
Beg Women Women Powder Pu 65A 65B ATV A ATV B

Last edited:

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
Thanks for posting photos and video! I have pretty much zero to share other than the GPS tracks.

I have .kml files of all three days if somebody can tell me how to attach them. I tried attaching them but I'm getting an "Invalid File" error.

Jared

Caleb

Thanks for posting photos and video! I have pretty much zero to share other than the GPS tracks.

I have .kml files of all three days if somebody can tell me how to attach them. I tried attaching them but I'm getting an "Invalid File" error.

Jared

What are you using to generate them? I've seen many times that the kml file is missing a tag or has spaces where it shouldn't and is then considered not valid. If you want to send them to me, my email, I'll see if I can see why they aren't considered valid.