St. George Winter Riding Trip Report

Tonkaman

Jared, you can upload the file directly from MyTracks to an email.

Tyson. Are we really racing? Because I'm still down if you want to go! Wife wants to go also.

If you guys end up racing I'd love to tag along and watch. I've never really been around a race and this would be a good way to get involved

Caleb

Here's the GPS tracks Jared sent me. Jared couldn't post them because they were kml, which isn't listed as a valid file extension. Had to convert them to kmz.

Attachments

• Warner Valley Rd (1).kmz
    80.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Warner Valley Rd.kmz
    59.2 KB · Views: 14
  • St. George.kmz
    23 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Cascadia

Undecided
It is cheaper if we register by the 18th. But registering down there is still available.

Ive be never ridden on a track. How much of the race is on the mx track?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
It is cheaper if we register by the 18th. But registering down there is still available.

Ive be never ridden on a track. How much of the race is on the mx track?

You will start on the track. They will do a live engine grand prix style start by class as opposed to the typical dead engine desert mass start. You will ride about 1/3 of the MX track then leave it to go out on the desert loop. When you come back in from the desert loop, you will ride about 1/2 the remaining track back to the pits then back out to start the next loop.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
You will start on the track. They will do a live engine grand prix style start by class as opposed to the typical dead engine desert mass start. You will ride about 1/3 of the MX track then leave it to go out on the desert loop. When you come back in from the desert loop, you will ride about 1/2 the remaining track back to the pits then back out to start the next loop.

You guys dont need to worry about the track, Anderson is one of a few desert riders that can actually ride a track, the rest of us just do the best we can.

rholbrook

We need a Winter ride part II. My count down to being able to ride again started today. Surgery is complete and I am officially on the road to recovery. 6 weeks

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
How bout March 7th? The sooner we plan the more likely we are to get it planned and condo scheduled.

I will already be in St George that weekend :) My BIL gets married on the 7th, so no go.. but Saturday may work for me. Of course this will change my whole vehicle setup. We were just going to take the car, but I could probably tow the trailer behind the jeep..

Cascadia

Undecided
Just heading home from some more perfect riding weather in St. George. I only rode once about 30 miles but it was fun to get out. I can't believe how much I improved last weekend. I went to some places I used to ride and I could ride the whoop and sandy sections almost twice as fast as before. I definitely attribute this to following James, Luke, and Greg through the desert for 3 days. Thanks guys.