Stan Prueitt's new Jeep Project -The Urban Survivors Assault Vehicle/Zombie Hunter

So with the T-Rex in Turbo Snipers capable hands I have been working on my new little Jeep. I have added armor, bumpers, winch and stuff. So here is how it looks so far.
DSCF8116.jpgDSCF8115.jpg

It is all the wrong color though and I have trouble fitting the whole family in it now. The T-rex could seat 6 comfortably, but this can only cram 5 in ther with no room for a snack lunch or a dog.

SOoooooooo I am going to tear it all apart and streatch it a little longer than a CJ8 and paint it Lime Green. I also will put a machine gun ring in the roll cage, add the new bumper/ tire carrier that I am working on, in the rear....and some other do-dads.....;) I will post pictures of our progress.

Last edited:

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
I thought the same thing..... The rear wheels look mighty close

We have not had time to adjust the alignment with all the axles, but we had to rush it to paint. The front needs a toe-in adjustment and the rears are not in the right place. The rear tires will have about 5 inches between them. Right now the track bar has the rear most axle about an inch to far on the drivers side. When I get it back we will align and square up. There will be alot of little adjustments to make. Also in this picture the drivers side air bags are at 6 lbs pressure and the passengers side is at 12. The Ride pressure should be about 15-20. It also looks like I need a 2 inch spacer in the front, and I need to build a better sway bar disconnect in the front. When I get it back later this week I have alot of work to do. Alex will be over to help and if anyone else is bored this weekend, give me a call and come on over if you want to pitch in.;)

Tonight I have been working on the machine gun swivel that will go on the rear most roll bar. You can barely see the tab in the pictures. Those Zombies wont be killin' themselves now will they....lol

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
Just thought I would share this pic I was eyeing from Sema...

6wheeler.jpg

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
It has been a busy day. Got the Jeep back from Macco yesterday Then I got the Maste Cylinder (2002 Dodge 3500 all disk brake) to install in the Jeep, but they dont come with the plastic resevoir So I guess I got to hit the Junk yards on Tuesday to fine at least the plastic resevior.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Here are the photos from today. Working on the rear bumper and spare /gas can carrier.

.DSCF8647.jpgDSCF8648.jpg

DSCF8649.jpgHere are the new seat covers.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Here are some photos of the paint job. Love that color!

DSCF8652.jpg DSCF8653.jpg

Here is the rear bumper going on and the swing away tire carrier.

DSCF8654.jpg

Inside the spare tire I an fabricating the License Plate holder and rear brake light.

DSCF8656.jpgDSCF8657.jpgDSCF8659.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF8655.jpg
    DSCF8655.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 50

Bart

Cool concept flipping the gas tank skid plate upside down. The color makes it look much more like one of your rigs. Going to be a sweet ride for sure.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
was going through some old stuff i had saved on the puter and was wondering if you guys had ever considered the ford 9 inche tandom that these guys make http://www.differentialeng.com/NineInchTandems.htm

The guy who makes, or made these, is named Steve. I have toalked to him many time over the years. He built these for the Paty's 6x6. They had the 9 inch center with Unimog outer portals. They were cool. Steve does not make these any more. He stopped making them back in 2004. He still has them on his web page, but he says he is not intereted in building them. The center chunks cost around$5000, a bit pricy.

Our apporach is cheaper and simple.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
OK, got alot done over the long weekend. Here is a wrap up:

Here I am working on the body armor. After Top Truck I will add on some tube to make some fenders so that I am Street legal here in Utah:ugh:

DSCF8661.jpgDSCF8663.jpgDSCF8666.jpgDSCF8669.jpgDSCF8670.jpgDSCF8673.jpg

Here is Alex struggling to get the Jeep aligned. Need the right amount of toe -in....

DSCF8665.jpg

Now we put the rear in alignment and cycle the suspension to ensure everything works. This is an area where we will tweak it over the next year or so.

DSCF8675.jpgDSCF8676.jpgDSCF8677.jpg

Not bad, Air bag "walking Beam is working. When you jack up one axles the pressure then goes to the other axle. Very solid contact patch. Articulation is not as good as I hoped, and not near what coilovers will do, but the surface area contact patch will be good.

Thanks Alex for all your help this weekend...You da' man!

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Why is there a ballistic fab logo on the frame?

Not cool Stan...not cool.

They are skulls, this Rig is going to be named Zombie Killer so it is only fitting to have skulls on it. But yes the bushings are from Balistic. Good stuff / beefy.

gertsch

OK, got alot done over the long weekend. Here is a wrap up:

Here I am working on the body armor. After Top Truck I will add on some tube to make some fenders so that I am Street legal here in Utah:ugh:

View attachment 72877View attachment 72878View attachment 72879View attachment 72880View attachment 72881View attachment 72882

Here is Alex struggling to get the Jeep aligned. Need the right amount of toe -in....

View attachment 72883

Now we put the rear in alignment and cycle the suspension to ensure everything works. This is an area where we will tweak it over the next year or so.

View attachment 72884View attachment 72885View attachment 72886

Not bad, Air bag "walking Beam is working. When you jack up one axles the pressure then goes to the other axle. Very solid contact patch. Articulation is not as good as I hoped, and not near what coilovers will do, but the surface area contact patch will be good.

Thanks Alex for all your help this weekend...You da' man!
I don't wanna talk about the struggles had.

LT.

I am super impressed with how fast this build has come together. Y'all were able to strip the jeep down, build it back up, re-do the body, new parts, and get it painted in the time it takes some of us just to figure out what we want to do. Very impressive build. One thing I can't seem to wrap my head around though. It seems to me, for some reason, that the NP-205 T-case in the rear is not going to work. I keep thinking that the input or one of the outputs is going to turn the wrong way. I am sure it is going to work, or you would not have used it, but still. I am going to have to see it work. Great job fellas!

LT.