Stan Prueitt's new Jeep Project -The Urban Survivors Assault Vehicle/Zombie Hunter

So with the T-Rex in Turbo Snipers capable hands I have been working on my new little Jeep. I have added armor, bumpers, winch and stuff. So here is how it looks so far.
DSCF8116.jpgDSCF8115.jpg

It is all the wrong color though and I have trouble fitting the whole family in it now. The T-rex could seat 6 comfortably, but this can only cram 5 in ther with no room for a snack lunch or a dog.

SOoooooooo I am going to tear it all apart and streatch it a little longer than a CJ8 and paint it Lime Green. I also will put a machine gun ring in the roll cage, add the new bumper/ tire carrier that I am working on, in the rear....and some other do-dads.....;) I will post pictures of our progress.

Last edited:

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
OK, it was a busy week end and tonight was pretty busy. Tom Wood of Woody's driveshafts came over to my house ( boy that is service) to help me map out the drive shafts and figure out the carrier bearings. So the air bags suspension is in, plumbed and tied together. Wow it works cool. Frame and cross members finished and 3 coats of rustolium paint on the whole undercarriage. Now I need to fab the track bars, install them and put in the brake lines. This is starting to come together. Later this week I will put in the Tuff Countrr front suspension and the hight pinion dana 44. Can't wait.

DSCF8569.jpgDSCF8571.jpgDSCF8572.jpgDSCF8573.jpgDSCF8578.jpgDSCF8579.jpg

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Since this is going to be called the Urban Assault vehicle / Zomie Killer I had to throw in some fun art. lol....

DSCF8574.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF8575.jpg
    DSCF8575.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
That is looking great Stan, I'm impressed with how quickly you're making progress!

Well, I have a deadline I am trying to meet . I want to take this with me to Top Truck Challenge this year, not to compete of course, its way too small, but to have some fun in between events and filming.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
DSCF8580.jpgDSCF8584.jpgDSCF8581.jpg

So Alex is an artist with bending brake lines. Tonight we hooked up the brakes, fuel lines, and bolted things down.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
So the High pinion Dana 44 is ready to go in I just need to put on the Rotors and shoot some paint on it.DSCF8583.jpg

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
DSCF8585.jpg All coolness in its most rightious forms!!!!! This is the custom middle axle carrier bearing set up that Tom Wood from Woody's Driveshafts brought over to my house along with some yokes. This is cool.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
This is a picture of the adjustible mount I fabbed for the Carrier bearing. This is coming along nicely. Got it lined up and square and tacked it in place.DSCF8586.jpgDSCF8587.jpg

we are soon going to be ready for sheet metal. Tom will have the drive shafts done on Wednesday and we start on the body Thursday ( another day off from work...woot woot!!)

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
looks good, thats awesome that he came down to help measure and look at the whole set up.
Yeah that is awesome service. Since this is a different kinda set up he wanted to make sure it was all going to work.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
The front axle is in and looking good. I have had a few people PM me about these axles, the rear axles are those special Jeep Width Dana 60s (built that way from Dana for industrial / military applications but never used--so brand new) and they are lighter than a regular Dana 60 yet super stout. Disk brakes, and 35 spline shafts. Much cheaper than anyone els out there. If you are interested in upgrading your Jeep or rig go directly to Ventures Truck Parts:

http://venturestruckparts.com/

This will save you from having to PM me first.

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
Just out of curiosity.... What is theory for the parallel 4-link? I know it would keep the pinion at the same angle throughout the range of travel, but when the axle articulates, wouldn't there be a much higher chance of binding than say that of a double triangulated 4-link?? I can definitely see how they would be strong, and at the same time they would leave more room for additional components between the frame rails. Just wondering about that.
The build looks AWESOME and I am really interested to see the finished product and how much different it is from the T-Rex in both total size, and also how different it will handle! Definitely subscribed!!

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Parallel 4 link is tried and true, with all the drive shafts coming back a triangulated harring bone, or wish bone puts control arms close to drive line components. This keeps it cleaner and simple, yet works great.