Stan Prueitt's new Jeep Project -The Urban Survivors Assault Vehicle/Zombie Hunter

So with the T-Rex in Turbo Snipers capable hands I have been working on my new little Jeep. I have added armor, bumpers, winch and stuff. So here is how it looks so far.
DSCF8116.jpgDSCF8115.jpg

It is all the wrong color though and I have trouble fitting the whole family in it now. The T-rex could seat 6 comfortably, but this can only cram 5 in ther with no room for a snack lunch or a dog.

SOoooooooo I am going to tear it all apart and streatch it a little longer than a CJ8 and paint it Lime Green. I also will put a machine gun ring in the roll cage, add the new bumper/ tire carrier that I am working on, in the rear....and some other do-dads.....;) I will post pictures of our progress.

Last edited:

LT.

So I see the axles are tacked in place. What did you end up doing for splitting the power between the rear two axles? How far apart did the rear two axles end up? How about the body? I agree with the above post by rholbrook. It would be really cool to see a four door jeep with a pick up box on the back. Come on now, spill your guts here.

LT.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
LT. It looks like he's got a divorce mounted np 205 reverse mounted so in 4wd the front output and front input are turning the two rear drivelines>

Am I right Stan? Should give you the option of having compound low of 2.72 (nv231) + 2.0 (np205) and some weird separate rear driveline disconnect options.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Sorry got busy this weekend. I have burned in the middle axle and reifoced the frame. The 205 is after the stock transfer case and will split the dirve to the two axles. One short shaft will go to teh middle axle and the secon shaft will go to a carrier bearing on the shoulder of the middle axle and then I will have a double CV drive shaft take it to the rear. Air bags will be linked for a true "walking beam" effect suspension with the Tuff Country suspension in the front with a high pinion 44. I ran into a problem when I realized that the body hangs below the fram rails and so my current design will not allow me to tuck the fuel tank under the rig. It will have to go in the rear bed....DanG!!!!!!!!! Alex is selling me his jeep tub, and we are going to put the two together and build some new wheel wells. The cage will be extended and lastly I will put on som rear armor, bumper and tire carrier, and a machine gun ring on the top!:rofl:

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
That's so funny that u say that!!!! I thought I was the only one that couldn't sleep cause I keep going over ideas & dimensions in my head then try to be all quiet....then I end up banging & chop saw a goin & all at 2am haha!
Yeah, it is hard to shut of the brain some times. I hate that! Lay there all night and think of things I need to do, and then by morning I an too tired to actually do all the things I thought of all night long because I have been up all night

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Worked on it a bit tonight. So I reinforced the frame at the bend, and then since space is tight I put on a muffler that is reminicent of my first car in High School (1968 Charger) a glass pac....thats old school.

DSCF8556.jpgDSCF8558.jpgDSCF8557.jpg

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Yes, good old Cherry bombs...hee hee... reminds me of my youth. But this time I needed to find a muffler that would fit right there, my flowmaste was too wide so in went the Cherry Bomb.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Yep by the time you get back we will need to hit up your dad for some Sheet metal expertise. This week end I want to finish up the rear, and start on the front axle. So next week we can attack the body.... I think that will be the hard part.

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Amen Grave digger,

The front suspension lift is here from Tuff Country. WOOT WOOT!!!! Nice stuff, cant wait to put it in.
DSCF8563.jpgDSCF8565.jpg

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Stan, I would have never thought to put the carrier bearing on the axle truss. Is that just for driveline angle advantage or what is the reasoning?

I assume you'll be linking the airbags to get a "walking beam effect?"

-Stratton

sprueitt

sprueitt Dodge T-Rex 6x6
Stan, I would have never thought to put the carrier bearing on the axle truss. Is that just for driveline angle advantage or what is the reasoning?

I assume you'll be linking the airbags to get a "walking beam effect?"

-Stratton

Using the carier will keep the slope low of the first drive shafts, and will keep the two first drive safts parallel. Also the whole point of useing air bags will to get the walking beam suspension. Coil overs would give more flex per axle individually but the air bags will give us a better foot print. I can't wait to test it out.