startin the build my 1999 4-runner !!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
:confused:I 've heard that if you use a panhard bar with the revolver shackles that it fixs some of the problems is this true?

Not true. A panhard simply locates the axle side to side, has nothing to do with the rear suspension unloading or preventing axle wrap. It may reduce total travel, just due to the fact that the panhard may not be able to move in the full arc that the axle can move in with the double shackles.

racerdave

Are your revolvers installed backwords? Looks like it compared to the picture below.

revolver2.jpg

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Not true. A panhard simply locates the axle side to side, has nothing to do with the rear suspension unloading or preventing axle wrap. It may reduce total travel, just due to the fact that the panhard may not be able to move in the full arc that the axle can move in with the double shackles.

I'm assuming he meant a traction bar. Which would help.

pELYgroso

'Merica
Why don't you cut the rear fender a little bit instead of putting those blocks in there to fit the 36's?? Is this going to be a trailer queen, or are you going for streetable?

90 cherokee

ok so here is the new plan. i think im rippin the axles out and puttin the yota axles out of my pickup in it. im sick of it sittin around and i would rather drive my third gen cause i can actually do 65 on the free way...

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
the pictures of the revolver shackles are on the front of the jeep his are installed correctly,

Actually, his Revolvers are installed incorrectly. No matter which end they are installed on (front or rear...) they need to point in toward the center of the vehicle when they are collapsed.:)

And, the pic is definitely of the rear of the CJ they are installed on, and the pictured ones are installed correctly.

All in all though, I agree with Greg on the topic of the shackles. I have used them myself, and worked on more than my share of rigs wearing them, and strongly believe they don't have a place on a well-used rig. The more you wheel, and the more aggressive you get, the more you will dislike them.

big cherokee

a.r.c fabrication
oh man i must have been blind that day, the new mid engined jeeeps with exhaust out the front ha ha :rofl:

but ya revolvers do look installed incorrectly on the toy, not that they work any bette the right way

90 cherokee

and for the record the only difference takin my revolvers off was way less body roll. it feels 100 times safer. also i had my front springs in backwards (military wrap to the back), flipped them around now it steers better and my tires dont jam into my wheel wells!