Northern Utah Summer RME Quarterly Training Day - July 19th-20th

sixstringsteve

to the best of my knowledge, we won't be camping in the open areas, and the $6 fee still applies.

Last edited:

kobyhud

Lurker
Was up there last weekend, if you tell the rangers at the booth that your camping up in the open areas they don't charge you to go up.

If you are using the forest service land they want you to pay the fee. I am pretty sure that this will qualify as fee liable. A $6 fee is pretty reasonable for this usage. If you are just driving through to Aspen Grove you don't have to pay, but you aren't supposed to stop and use any of the facilities of the park, including any bathrooms, parking areas, picnic tables, trails etc.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
AF canyon also accepts the national parks pass. If you have it you don't need to pay the 6 dollars. Just show them the pass and they will give you a window ticket, or maybe just wave you through.

I will try to be there.

I have a loud gas generator if you can't find a more quiet one. Or I have a redi-line generator you can use that is silent.

sixstringsteve

awesome, I can't believe I picked a date that you won't be camping! How was Greenland? I'm going to hit you up to teach a segment or two.

RNandKT

If the Chick Digs it ....
I think we can't get my wife's TJ registered in time, but she wanted me to ask how often you guys do this as she does want to go.

sixstringsteve

can you get a temp tag in time?

We used to do them quarterly, but the last one was almost a year ago. It's quite a bit of work to plan them, so when life gets busy for the organizers, we sometimes get distracted and we don't end up doing them quarterly. It also depends on participation. If a lot of people go, we will keep doing them. If we only get 10 or so people, it's usually an indication that we are doing them too often.

RNandKT

If the Chick Digs it ....
Actually no, the problem isn't with passing. We actually already did safety and emissions, only failed for mud flaps. But I can't afford the alignment, sales tax and registration on this paycheck. Which you have to pay to get a temp tag, so still a no good, we ran our budget a couple times, and it will just have to wait until next month at least to be registered. Be sure to let us know on the next one though .... Really cool of you guys to do this.

Thanks

sixstringsteve

Gotcha. Good luck.

I'm sure you could catch a ride with someone if you wanted. I have 3 open seats, but I'm going to be there early to set up.

snwbrdr852

Now that I still have a rig, I might be able to make some of Fri night/Sat. Won't be able to stay the night, but I should be able to meet up with you guys at some point.

hans j

drove a van where?
Just found out about this, I'd like to try and make it. I usually get off work at 6pm in downtown SLC so I will see what I can do to get there earlier.

sixstringsteve

great. I'll put you on the "on the fence" list, unless you'd like to be considered committed. Hope you can make it hans j. Tell your 4x4 friends, the more the merrier.