Summit Machine June '08 Run - AF Canyon, Forest Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodine

One Call That's All
scared about width with an F-series, then I'm going to watch him run it first and see how clean everything comes out

A Titan and an f150 ran it 2 weekends a go when I went up to help some people that were stuck they seemed to do fine.

Im In.

themaniam1

Just Empty Every Pocket
I will also unlurk myself and bring the wife and kids but that means two Jeeps, one for Mom and Dad and one for the kids to drive.

How long time wise will it be?

Revenant

Anyone with an extra seat up for a ride along?

See this is as as good of a time as any to stop lurking, but if someone that has run these trails before is scared about width with an F-series, then I'm going to watch him run it first and see how clean everything comes out ;)

Justin

Don't let my weak sauce talk discourage you. You could find a spare seat, I'm sure, but I'd bring what you've got. You'll have more fun and I'm just a wuss about my rig :D

hoxviii

Ford-natic
Don't let my weak sauce talk discourage you. You could find a spare seat, I'm sure, but I'd bring what you've got. You'll have more fun and I'm just a wuss about my rig :D

So am I :p
My last truck I didn't care about body damage. This one I do.

However, my primary reservation is that I don't have any front recovery points and have a land anchor of a receiver hitch. I'd rather ride along until I have the truck what i'd consider wheelable, which involves front recovery points and lifting the rear end 2-3" to level it out.

I know how much i hated it when I'd go wheeling in my last truck and have people tag along and get stuck where they "shouldn't have" - just threw off the whole day

Justin

Revenant

So am I :p
My last truck I didn't care about body damage. This one I do.

However, my primary reservation is that I don't have any front recovery points and have a land anchor of a receiver hitch. I'd rather ride along until I have the truck what i'd consider wheelable, which involves front recovery points and lifting the rear end 2-3" to level it out.

I know how much i hated it when I'd go wheeling in my last truck and have people tag along and get stuck where they "shouldn't have" - just threw off the whole day

Justin

Okay, I'll let it be. :rofl: I'm also without front recovery point, but will probably remove the bumper for the trip. I'm still sporting a reciever hitch too. No skid plates. The real difference is that I gave into peer pressure and you've got more resolve. :D

hoxviii

Ford-natic
This is why I have resolve: :eek:

Previous truck
Good side:
P4080026.jpg

Bad side:
IMG_0175.jpg

Started as:
IMG_0129.jpg

Justin

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I might be able to but all I've got is a tacoma and some straps. Let me know if I'm needed.

10-4, even just some extra hands and straps might really come in handy. I'll have my winch equipped rig. I would like 3 total... and mabey 3-4 hands to help. I have not seen the truck, the ranger believes it is recoverable. They want it out ASAP as it is starting to get vandalized (someone broke out a window or two). Keep on an eye on the other thread for updated info!

hoxviii

Ford-natic
Well, talk about enough to piss me the hell off.

I'd decided to just go for it and show up, hit the trail and have a good time. Walked out to my truck to leave and had a fricking flat tire :mad:

Took it to get it plugged and had to wait an hour for the shop to do it (i only use rubber band plugs in an emergency).

By this time I was back on the road it was already noon, so I said forget it sicne it would be half an hour to get there and all :-\

Decided since I had nothing else going I'd level the truck like I was planning on. I was amazed at how smoothly it went. Got the tail up in 3 hours with no air or torch, everything just came right apart.

So, how'd the run go?

Justin

Meat_

Banned
Here we are after thinking that we were late for the party (the second recovery didn't start until 11am) since we got to the Forest Lake trailhead at 12noon (don't know who those other guys were).

P6280021.jpg

We weren't late, as evidenced by this picture

P6280019.jpg

After everyone went home to do whatever, we went down to the start of Mineral Basin, found a fire spot next to the creek, had some hotdogs and enjoyed the scenery while having some first class bsing.

P6280024.jpg

Wish I would have made it...

Wish I would have made it :(

That looks awesome... How was the trail? is it a 4-lo low gear trail?

occasional obstacles or a few scatter obstacles?

I had radio trouble and didn't get on the road until 11:00 (ogden) so I ended up picking up my Nephew and we did a trail up in Rush Valley, Johnson Lane all the way to the Springs. Pretty fun, but not technical.

Status
Not open for further replies.