Sunday, May 4th

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
Originally posted by 1\4elliptic toy
Shawn, Don't you think you should warn under built rigs of the perils of the constrictor?? ie: body damage,tire damage,driveline damage are all a possibility and you need 2 lockers. and 35's or is it just me??

I'm pretty sure us open rigs will do fine. See you sunday.:)

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
man I hope he was joking... I don't want to have more than like 5 rigs trying the cons. cuz how are we going to turn around in there with a backlog... I just remember the snake after the rodeo.. IT SUCKED

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Well, since we are doing the RS first and then the Con, I figure there will only be 3-4 rigs in the con. Turning 5 rigs around below the "Eagles Nest" wont be a problem. I know Tracy will be giving the eagles nest a hell of a shot;)

Skye, I just hope you get passed the first ledge.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by bobdog

I'm pretty sure us open rigs will do fine. See you sunday.:)

open differs will do fine on RS. constrictor is a different story, it is twisty, off-camber and boulder strewn....you can give it a whirl if you got some great suspension.....we wont stop ya.

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
first of all I'm going to make it. I grooved the tires. I want to run some tread(36's) but now have a gripe with my 40's so since there all chopped up I'm ready to try it again. I just have to drive out there with the 40's rear and 36's front. Change the fronts while I'm there and then change back to limp :D home. What is the "nest" is that the grassy knoel? How do you spell that anyways? Like the JFK noel.... Are you finishing the tree's as you go? You haven't touched the trail past the big clif. Whats the name of that fawker anyways?
I'll bring a 50' 6" wide strap so you can hook to that big tree thats so far away to winch up. I'd hate to see someone half way up and the tree uproot and fall.
If you seriosly think that an open rig can go through the new snake your mistaken. I tried to get my buddies runner through and didn't get past the squeeze. But hey I'll have strap :D
WHo's leading the mess in con? What tires you got now shawn? My 40's are 38.5's :D I measured yesterday.

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
BTW who's the camera bieoch? I'll be after the big falls. I have an idea too, for the pics. I'll reveal it on the trail.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by Skyetone
BTW who's the camera bieoch? I'll be after the big falls. I have an idea too, for the pics. I'll reveal it on the trail.

I got a good digital camera.....lets get some good pix!!

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
I'm always a video geek. I just don't own one. :D JUst can never seem to give pics justice. But I have an idea.
OK I'll reveal it. Put a plumb bob on the front of the rigs to show the TWTtipometer. the bob's strait and it will help show how crooked the trail is :D I just don't know if it would survive long :D

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I'm always a video geek. I just don't own one. :D JUst can never seem to give pics justice. But I have an idea.
OK I'll reveal it. Put a plumb bob on the front of the rigs to show the TWTtipometer. the bob's strait and it will help show how crooked the trail is :D I just don't know if it would survive long :D

good idea.....we will take some nice high res pics to show the world....I like it. you can never tell how off camber some trails are unless you have nice straight lodge-poll pines int he background

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
... You haven't touched the trail past the big clif. Whats the name of that fawker anyways?....

That is the eagles nest... we decided on that because the first time ever out there on foot... all that oculd be seen at the top of the ledge was a bunch a wood and some large rocks.... so as soon as you can sit in the eagles nest (with your truck of course) you will be my hero :D....

Sky you really couldn't get up that first ledge? Was it wet out there? Did you hike up to the nest?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
... Put a plumb bob on the front of the rigs to show the TWTtipometer. ...

Are you referring to the section of trail before the first makor lege, about 30 past the dropoff into the canyon? It is pretty sideways, I think that Shawn made the most graceful entrance on it a few months back...

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
If I get a spare minute this weekend I will finish my little "Constrictor Project" ... I walked it with my GPS and added waypoints for all the major obstacles, when we ran it a few months later with Shawn, we came up with a few names and I added them to my GPS unit... I am right in the middle of loading them to my mapping software and creating a detailed map of the trail including all of the obstacles that I encountered and travel distances. I guess I will have to add one for the "Rodeo Rumble" ... :D

With finals this week I doubt I will be able to get it done by Sunday but I will bring what I have.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
so what is the status of legality of tree trimming on constrictor. Can we just trim to get by or are we gonna take heat from the BLM?

on a side not I am waiting for blacksheeps 35mm pix from last weekend...tree trimming with a 12 gauge is phun!!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by spencurai
so what is the status of legality of tree trimming on constrictor. Can we just trim to get by or are we gonna take heat from the BLM?...

Well, it was at one time was an existing road.... there is a small mine exploration just above the RIP of the Rodeo. Any trimming that was done was just your standard trail maintainance, and in the area, (which I again verified with the BLM on the clean-up day) is still posted as wide open terrain. No trail restrictions, nothing... in all reality, if they even wanted you to stay on the trail in the area, they would zone it accordingly, like accros the highway in the Charlies Trail vicinity...

So.... we are completely legit... if a tree falls on the Constrictor and no-one sees it... does it really fall? :D;)