SUP's any experience?

Rubicon-Kelly

Designed & Custom Built
The wife and I bought two 10'6" inflatables a few weeks ago and love them. Compared to some hard ones we rented at LP last summer, they are surprisingly firm and stable when pumped up to 10PSI.
While perhaps not as fast as a hard board, we're not racing and they move along nicely. Storage and transportation is easy and was the deciding factor for us. Got our on-line at COSTCO with free shipping. Our grown sons and their wives really like them and they too were surprised how great a board they are, and it's easy for them to borrow without having to figure out how to strap them on their car roofs.
Hope this helps anyone trying to decide between the hard and inflatables. If just paddling around for exercise and sport (not racing), they are awesome.

sixstringsteve

Had a super fun weekend on the SUPs with skylinerider and spork and spork's kids. Many thanks to cobranut for the pics.

IMG_1893-L.jpg

IMG_1900-L.jpg

IMG_1913-L.jpg

IMG_1941-L.jpg

IMG_1954-L.jpg

IMG_1958-L.jpg

The more I ride these the more I love them.

IMG_1985-L.jpg

IMG_2020-L.jpg

sixstringsteve

Let's make a list of lakes we want to paddle.

- silver lake flats
- colorado river
- provo river
- lake powell slot canyons

I'd like to do a 2-3 day trip down Labyrinth Canyon next year.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
It was nice to see the differences in design in our two SUP's. I thought I was fairly fast on my SUP, but when I took Steve's needle nose out it felt like a rocket! And it tracks very straight, both a pro and a con in some situations. Mine being bigger is more stable, but slower overall. I was impressed by Steve and his wife with the pivot turns, I need to practice those.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
We were at Jordanelle this weekend. They have a PWC only boat ramp.. It was crazy to see soo many SUP's. There were a handful of us motor powered guys, and a bunch of paddle boards and sail boats.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
Let's make a list of lakes we want to paddle.

- silver lake flats
- colorado river
- provo river
- lake powell slot canyons

I'd like to do a 2-3 day trip down Labyrinth Canyon next year.

Was thinking about places for next year, Labyrinth is at the top of my list, and I really want to get to Powell and do some slot canyons. I also want to put in on the GSL a couple times, I've really liked the high eleveation lakes I've had the chance to put into as well, I wouldn't mind finding more over 10k in elevation.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I know nothing of the features compared to other offerings but one of my vendors (Engel whom makes rock solid 12V fridges and coolers) just released their SUP

Capture.JPG

Leave to the Aussies to build it for fishing duty :D

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
An Engel paddleboard?! FWIW I tried fishing from mine, would definitely be easier with a cooler to sit on. See if they can get you one to demo and lets all take 'em to Powell.

Anyone interested in non-inflatable SUP, the SLC Lifetime store has a clearance sale on today from 10-6. From what I can see, might be about 60% off retail. See it on Facebook here.

sixstringsteve

Curt, what lake was that we went to up on skyline drive? Was it snow lake? I finally finished the video.

Last edited:

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
New year! I'll have the iSUP out this weekend, I ordered an electric pump from Sea Eagle. They had the best price on the pump, beating even Amazon. Looking forward to good weather while the water lasts.