The "Back in my day" thread.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Oh man... We had some gnarly BB gun fights... No rules on how many pumps. We'd all bundle up in winter clothes in the middle of summer, like armor. Which worked, except then we were all trying for head shots. And I actually preferred the old Red Ryder. While some poor schmuck was loading and pumping his Crossman I was running by just peppering the eff out of him with the Red Ryder. One of our favorite places was a pasture with a tree with a tree fort in the middle of it. Guys would try and get up in that fort with their Crossman pump up rigs and snipe. Until, I figured out how to shoot through the doors and windows and bounce BB's off the ceiling. Only got to really do that once, the other kids caught on and we were all pouring BB's in at the same time. Kid was balling his eyes out begging to be let down. Nobody ever even tried to get up in there again after that...

- DAA
We actually weren't allowed guns (none in the house either) but I did play this with a couple friends a few times.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
We shot BB guns at pop cans and slept out in the trampoline, rode bikes to swim team and played in the creek every day of the summer. Come home when the street lights turned on. When "The Mighty Ducks" came out we all played roller blade hockey for years out in the street. My first MTB was a green Kawasaki from Sam's club.
I got my first snowboard in '92 and loved being the rebel of the family. Arapahoe Basin day passes were like $10 or $15 bucks.
We had 4 TV channels and one year my dad brought home a fancy top loader VCR with a wired remote. We had a rewinder that would spin in back at like 4x or 6x (to save the wear on the VCR).

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I can say “me too” to too many of these posts.

I was filling out an application for a passport the other day. It asked for hair color. I asked my wife. She said I need to start putting gray on these things. 😡