The demise of my Cummins trans

After all the worrying.... why did it choose now?

• Total voters

The Stranger

Stranger Danger
That sucks. I have almost 190k on my original auto and it is working flawlessly, but im sure that my day will come soon enough. Probably in miserable weather just like yours.

I'm pulling the trucks down this weekend with a 6 speed manual cummins. That thing is amazing, I really like how low the RPMs are at freeway speeds.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Chemical flushes break loose a lot of junk in the system, and in return plug the filter and run the transmission dry--ask me how I know :rolleyes:

A lot of auto maker strongly advise this practice and it can also void a warrantee :(

It's hard to completely change the fluid because a lot will remain in the torque converter so most of the time it's best to have a shop do it... If you trust them :-\

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
FAIL I'm just talking about a full fluid exchange

It's around $250 at the stealership, they pump new fluid through the system

I meant to quote solidfrontaxle I think he was talking about the Chemical Flush...

Pumping new fluid in is great. Overlooked by most that have trucks that tow :-\

sixb

Will work for beer!
It does have 3.07s but it also has tiny tires. It is the stock ratio and tire size.

I would put a lunch on it that it has factory 3.55 or 4.10 from the factory. I'm pretty sure that 3.07 was only in the early 727 non od trannies. It should say in your glove box.

Bart

Yum, when/where's lunch. BTW, I felt the tranny, well, I almost felt it shake a bit, after Meat was through running red lights and stuff.

Meat_

Banned
Feel free, just make sure to use synthetic oil and The Right stuff when you put it back together

Last edited: