The new rig conundrum

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
FWIW the Tremor package is nice, but some softer sway bars on my truck would make it as capable as a Tremor.
Don’t want a crew cab so tremor is out for me. Not sure I’ll ever see anything too crazy in it, pretty sure a rear locker would suffice for me.

Also plan is a slide in camper so slight advantage to the F*rd. But still lust for a PW 😂

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Don’t want a crew cab so tremor is out for me. Not sure I’ll ever see anything too crazy in it, pretty sure a rear locker would suffice for me.

Also plan is a slide in camper so slight advantage to the F*rd. But still lust for a PW 😂
Rear lockers seem to be pretty common on F*rd trucks. That’s literally the only thing I like more about them over my Ram. It’s nonsense that a limited slip is the best I can get in my truck when they have lockers in Power Wagon’s.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Rear lockers seem to be pretty common on F*rd trucks. That’s literally the only thing I like more about them over my Ram. It’s nonsense that a limited slip is the best I can get in my truck when they have lockers in Power Wagon’s.
That always irritated me when I had my Ram. The Ford electric locker is a $375 option. Stupid cheap.

Tonkaman

During my research for the right truck I found countless articles trying to compare the power wagon to the Tremor. I’m my opinion they are nothing alike. I would love to see ford build something actually competitive with their awesome 7.3 power plant and 10 speed. I’ll bet it will happen within a few years though.

I seriously debated building out a truck but the power wagon package is SO MUCH CHEAPER than individually buying the goodies that you get.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I seriously debated building out a truck but the power wagon package is SO MUCH CHEAPER than individually buying the goodies that you get.
This is exactly why i'm going back and forth. You build a tradesman with the power wagon package you get quite a lot. Couple thousand cheaper than my "equivalent" F*rd build.

Just really wish Ram still offered the heavy duties in a quad cab instead of the crew

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
But did you take into consideration the cost to replace two transmissions in the first hundred thousand miles of the Dodge? That may put the Ford ahead in overall price 🤣

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
But did you take into consideration the cost to replace two transmissions in the first hundred thousand miles of the Dodge? That may put the Ford ahead in overall price 🤣
I HATED the trans in my Ram. The cruise control also drove me crazy. The steering was also haunted, the pump pressure would surge in the middle of long sweeping curves.

Tonkaman

I HATED the trans in my Ram. The cruise control also drove me crazy. The steering was also haunted, the pump pressure would surge in the middle of long sweeping curves.

i made sure to cross my fingers and toes when I signed the order sheet. So I’m sure I’ll be fine… 🤞😬

Tonkaman

Congrats Derek! I'm sure it will be an awesome truck. Much more fitting truck for a beautiful bearded man like yourself.
Aww thanks 😊

I’m really hoping I can fit 2 bikes in the bed with the tailgate up. With the bikes on the outside and front wheels pointed together. I know it works with ford short beds, but the dodge may be slightly smaller.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
Aww thanks 😊

I’m really hoping I can fit 2 bikes in the bed with the tailgate up. With the bikes on the outside and front wheels pointed together. I know it works with ford short beds, but the dodge may be slightly smaller.

With a flat bed or tray bed you could load them sideways ;)

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Sheesh congrats after much waffling over a PW or a F*rd I decided F*rd and I’ll be glad if my truck is production by June when loan rates surely are much higher.

Tonkaman

Sheesh congrats after much waffling over a PW or a F*rd I decided F*rd and I’ll be glad if my truck is production by June when loan rates surely are much higher.
It’s a tough choice for sure. I’ve also been slightly worried about locking in a good loan with low rates and more importantly selling my Tacoma before the used market collapses.