The new rig conundrum

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
Congrats on the purchase, that's one sweet ride. Last time I ordered a new car they licensed it the next day and I lost 1 month of my registration because of it. On the flip side I didn't have to wait for a plate to come.

Tonkaman

Maybe you haven't gotten this far but what are you thinking you'll start the old one at? Are you going to pull the tires or anything? I guess there probably isn't much that would transfer over.

That's something I've been thinking a lot about lately. Hopefully you RME boys will help guide me on this one.

NADA shows in stock form the truck has a retail value of $14,675
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452662051.613117.jpg

I could sell the truck as a whole package or I could pull off the supercharger, and front bumper/winch to drop the price a little bit.

2004 Toyota Tacoma double cab short bed. It has the TRD Off-Road and SR5 package.

-The odometer reads 236,xxx miles but the heads were machined 5k miles ago, due to a bad head gasket. There was still crosshatching on the cylinder walks when the heads were off!
-TRD 2nd gen supercharger was installed about 30k miles ago. It was brand new out of the box.
-Addicted Off-Road front bumper
-Addicted Off-Road sliders
-Specialy Products Light Racing UCA's
-Bilstein 5100 height adjustable coilovers
-Bilstein 5100 rear shocks
-Cooper ATP's 285/75/16
-Safari snorkel
-EBC slotted rotors

-In the last 2 years I've replaced inner and outer tie rod ends, ball joints, ADD actuator, front and rear brake pads, front rotors, LCA bushings, driver and passenger CV axle, all 3 ignition coil packs, and windshield wiper motor.

The truck runs great, shifts great, and no leaks. It was in a front end collision 2.5 years ago, but nothing was claimed on insurance. The previous owner repaired the damage and then fold it to me.

What's a fair price for the truck as it sits?

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
In the current market with everything bolted on still, I would ballpark in 12-13k range.

Don't go off NADA they are always high. I have found in my purchases splitting the difference between NADA and KBB generally is about the market value.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

Sadly, these trucks are usually worth more stock than modified. With so many people financing new cars these days, it's getting tougher and tougher to sell a higher mileage toyota. I think TRD270 is spot on with his analysis. I think mine sold for around $12k with 220k, no accident history, and no supercharger. It took MONTHS for that to sell though.

Tonkaman

In the current market with everything bolted on still, I would ballpark in 12-13k range.

Don't go off NADA they are always high. I have found in my purchases splitting the difference between NADA and KBB generally is about the market value.

Great feedback, thanks! I double checked with KBB and your right ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452717457.413154.jpg
After a few quick searches on KSL I'm really confused on price. There are totally stock nothing fancy trucks for over $14k on there.

Sadly, these trucks are usually worth more stock than modified. With so many people financing new cars these days, it's getting tougher and tougher to sell a higher mileage toyota. I think TRD270 is spot on with his analysis. I think mine sold for around $12k with 220k, no accident history, and no supercharger. It took MONTHS for that to sell though.

Didn't you part out your truck to make it more stock before it sold?

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Just to give you a baseline I paid 10k for mine about a year ago with 205k and bone stock. Same truck as yours just silver and no SC, no accidents, good maintenance history, and to my surprise a one owner. I felt it was a fair price, I found a few lower priced ones but they were beat into the ground. I looked at some higher priced ones as well, most were beat, or stupid over priced IMO.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
My new truck was born today! Should be here in about 10 more days.....[emoji51]

:tara::tara::tara::tara::tara::tara::tara::tara::tara::tara::tara::tara::tara::tara::tara::tara::tara::tara::tara::tara::tara::tara::tara::tara::tara:

Bart

Nice truck, and barely fits still means that it fits. Hopefully there won't be much self clearancing. Enjoy the new ride.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Dude, buy some pool noodles and screw them to your drywall so you don't mess up that pretty front end.

There is a copy of your truck thats new in the parking garage at work, they look real nice in pics and better in person.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Having seen the new truck in person, I can say it is SWEEEET!

there are so many gizmos and gadgets inside that it will take years just to learn how to run the radio!