The new rig conundrum

Caleb

Dude, buy some pool noodles and screw them to your drywall so you don't mess up that pretty front end.

I hang a tennis ball (it's actually a foam ball made for this, but a tennis ball would work fine) from the ceiling that puts me in the same spot every time.

Tonkaman

So the most ironic part about the garage is that I've NEVER parked in there before. I don't usually bother since I'm in and out so much and the wife likes the extra space for her car. Well yesterday morning my work finally gave me a work truck! Since I came home with 2 trucks yesterday I'm running out of driveway space ha ha.

I've been emailing Pelfreybilt for a few months now about some of their product, but not much has become available. Yesterday I was able to convince him to make me an aluminum front plate bumper even though they aren't even in production yet. He is making me some plated sliders as well and has personally promised that it will all ship in 5 weeks. Needless to say their customer service so far has been absolutely top notch!

I'll be detailing my old taco as soon as possible and putting it up for sale. Hopefully it sells quick enough that I can use the cash to buy some more truck parts before I go to Mexico.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
When do we get to see the build thread for this truck? I think the world needs to see the sweet do-dads that are going in!

Tonkaman

I'm just waiting on some real interesting progress before posting. So far I'm just able to prep for some things but not complete anything. I'm waiting for my front bumper/lights, sliders, cargo rack, and fridge slide to really start completing anything.

More progress soon... Hopefully

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I'm just waiting on some real interesting progress before posting. So far I'm just able to prep for some things but not complete anything. I'm waiting for my front bumper/lights, sliders, cargo rack, and fridge slide to really start completing anything.

More progress soon... Hopefully

Lies. All Lies. I have seen neat things..

Tonkaman

I really should get around to starting a build thread.

I am learning real fast how much you can't rush a good thing. I am constantly hitting dead ends and with my short time schedule it's getting extra stressful. Thank goodness I decided not to redo the suspension before leaving town because I'm already behind schedule as it is.

Tonkaman

Do it! Everyone loves a build thread, esp. on a new 4x4!

Oh I plan to I'm just always short on time lately. I just got the bulk of my parts this week and I leave for Mexico Thursday!

Check out CBI. They have done a few new items for the new taco.

Funny you mention them. They have been the biggest PITA to deal with the last few weeks. I'm planning to write an article about me love/hate relationship with them, stay tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Hey Derek. Remember when you and me showed up to the CruiserFest pre-run outside Moab with some extra ice we didn't need after we filled up our coolers and offered it to the other guys and they all had fridges? We joked all week about how fancy they were and that we weren't part of the club.

Sounds like you're one of those guys now. :eek: