The PAVEMENT thread: Cars, Racing, Drives, Speed...

jentzschman

Got the Miata out of moth balls eh? Nice. Should be a fun drive. Every time I hear about your drives, it makes me want one as well. You are dangerous Steve. haha

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
I'm thinking this weekend will be a great weekend for a drive, despite the spring break traffic. Anyone up for a road trip Friday night to Saturday night? I'm thinking hwy 12.

Heading to SLC (booked room 2 weeks ago at the Hotel Monaco) for the night, hit a good dinner spot and then driving up to I84 to I80 and work my way down to Heber and down Provo Canyon on Saturday. Would totally be up for 12 if I hadn't already planned and paid for the room.

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
Drove 245 Miles on Saturday, cruised all the little towns I could find on my route and had a little fun now and then. I was pretty happy with how comfortable the seats were and how the car performs on the streets. I topped of the tank when I got home and was pretty excited when I got 29.84 MPG, I didn't think that was even possible.

Does anyone know if I can run WOW in my Miata with a Hard Top but no roll bar?

sixstringsteve

Does anyone know if I can run WOW in my Miata with a Hard Top but no roll bar?

Yes, you can.

I once got 42 mpg in my miata, but I was keeping it under 65 mph the whole time (all back roads). I usually get about 25 mpg nowadays since I like to keep it between 4k and 6k rpm. :D

sixstringsteve

yeah, that'd work. We could even do a shorter one from friday night to sat night, taking tents and camping halfway down there, maybe by Capitol Reef.

blznnp

looks good rick, now get that kid wrenching on it and get it done, can't wait to see it just sit and spin the tires. cause with that engine and that weight, thats all it will do

sixstringsteve

Before I sell the miata I wanted to get one last drive/road trip in. So I'm thinking this coming weekend, June 12-13th. Leaving Friday evening after work, driving somewhere, camping and spending the night, then driving around on sat too. Back sat night.

Anyone with a vehicle that can do the speed limit (sporty or not) is welcome to join.

CobraNutt

Before I sell the miata I wanted to get one last drive/road trip in. So I'm thinking this coming weekend, June 12-13th. Leaving Friday evening after work, driving somewhere, camping and spending the night, then driving around on sat too. Back sat night.

Anyone with a vehicle that can do the speed limit (sporty or not) is welcome to join.
Tempted! Got a destination in mind? If I bring the Mustang, it will have to be all pavement or I'll be dragging parts! I't's low enough to roll a coke can along the ground with the cross member. :eek: ...or I could just drive the Jeep...it'll do 85 on the flats! Haha! :)