The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

Cascadia

Undecided
It's a loop I do when I can't find someone to ride desert. It's just a few miles from my house. I do it after work and get home before dark. I usually don't go til July though because there's still snow and avalanches covering the trail in several places.

rholbrook

The Marathon starts in Wahlsburg and comes down the canyon and the half marathon starts near Sundance. I don't know how that will affect them but I may head to Hobble Creek for fear of too many people on horses up AF

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Anyone up for riding Sundays up AF, Hobble Creek or Strawberry/water trails?

I started working the crappy end of the week (opposite Vonski:( and all my riding buddies) and now have no one to ride with since I work every Saturday.

rholbrook

Just got back on a really fun ride in Cache County. Andrew, you are so lucky.

We started up Card Canyon, came down Steel Hollow and then went up Little Cottonwood and then up the Worm ATV Trail and wound up eating lunch at Labeau's in Bear Lake. The ride ended there because Marm crashed pretty hard and hurt his shoulder pretty good. Thats what happens when us over 50s crash, we get hurt.

About 10 miles into the ride, the new Beta CrossTrainer decided to rip a side wall on the front tire so he limped it down Steel Hollow back to the truck. We had extra tubes but it takes a 24 mm Allen to get the front wheel off and we didnt have it so he drove the truck and trailer to Bear Lake to meet up with us. From what I saw, it looked good but I never got to throw a leg over it. Next time.
F91D1050-FB40-438D-8FE5-38C193A67AB5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I did spend a lot of time on this 2012 Husaberg 250. The suspension had been lowered and it was still sprung pretty stiff. Jetting was way off because it had a hard time lugging 2nd and or the Rekluse isnt dialed in yet. I think jetting. With my size, I like the 300 better. I did like the trials tire on the front. I would never have believed that it would hook up like it does. I may try one. I know it looks gay but it flat grips the ground.
66D7E256-C18B-4C5F-AB74-2D93923E3C46.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Harrison (background with Honda jersey)rode this KTM250XC that has been lowered 3 inches and now thinks his CRF150RB with a bigger tank and Rekluse just isnt good enough any more. He is a Tweener. He is too big for his 150 but still a little small for the full size bike. I am thinking its time to put his up for sell and get him a 250 and lower it for a year or so.
FEB8E116-068C-452F-AB9E-B83AF87A1186.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

rholbrook

That cross trainer looks sweet!
Did your buddies end up riding Vivian park? How were the conditions?
They did and said it was fun but not as difficult as the website they found it on claimed. They did say they wouldn't run the complete loop because it came down the canyon that is north side of Hobble Creek GC and they hate riding asphalt

Caleb

I'd love to start riding Sunday's with you! I can't tomorrow but it's a good plan for the summer

Same, it seems Sundays are the only days I'm able to ride (although I've only been once this year :( ). Post up when you're going and if I'm able to I'm in as well.

Caleb

Ha, part of it is I've been busy but part (mostly) is because I've been injured. I'm feeling better (no where near 100% though) so that is going to start to change. The riding will begin. :) thanks for the offer though.

GAR

Anyone riding AF next week? I'm at Aspen Grove for a family reunion all this coming week and brought my bike from Michigan so I'll be riding a bunch. Let me know, morning, afternoon, evening, what ever. Can't wait to hit the trails!