The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I got to chase Ronnie and Luke around Cedar a week ago on my KX250 I had for a minute. That was rad. We did about 40ish miles of nasty and most of the WORCS Iron Mine race course. It was so fun.

I got to Jam around on the KDX this week too. That was a fun bike. Did maybe a 10 mile loop in Bountiful before I hit mud and snow everywhere.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I saw lots of people pulled off, wrecked and busted bikes.
Stac saw a guy at the ambulance who got into some barbed wire fence and was a mess.
I'll let the other guys report for themselves.
But for me, it was really hard.

Cascadia

Undecided
I told my wife last night that that was the hardest race I've done. Wanted to quit after 2 loops cause I just felt sick and nauseous and dehydrated. For the first time ever I took my helmet off in the pits and sat down. I was taking my time. Then Chad rolled by and I was lik uhhh, nope, he's not gonna beat me. I went back out and gave it my all. Literally, everything I had. I ended up winning the class (only 4 guys) but I took 10th overall amateur which is by far my best finish. Glad I stuck with it cause loop 2 was harder than loop 3. Chad gave me a run for my money with his new suspension from Jesse at the dirt lab. If I ever made a mistake he was right there.

I saw the pic pic of the barbed wife face guy. No joke at all, he looked like the joker. His helmet probably saved his life.

Stratton, what were the bloody knuckles from?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I looked him up on FB and saw the pics.... :eek: :wtf: :sick:

Sounds like he was lucky, can't believe that happened. Was the course that close to a barbed wire fence? I'd be curious to know if the fence & area by it was marked.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Busted knuckles from the tamarac trees.

I was maybe 5 or so minutes behind Ty and Chad at the end of lap 2 but elected to wait to be lapped to finish. I was feeling lousy. Dehydration and heat stroke got me and Im glad I waited.

I still ended up 2nd behind Tyson.

Last edited:

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
Those photos are sick nasty. I am also very curious to know how the fence accident happened. Seems like that type of hazard shouldn't be an issue.

I was actually planing to race this one, but backed out last minute. Seems like it was a good choice :)

Cascadia

Undecided
The barbed wire fence was clearly there. You knew you were riding a double track next to a fence on a property line. If you ever had to go through the fence it was clearly marked with blue tape (danger) that couldn't be missed. There were several places like this. Should be a non issue. I'm wondering if he brakes too late or if he swapped and went into it. I'm sure he knows.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Sorry I'm late to the party:) That was a difficult race. It was made a lot easier because I knew I was ahead of Stratton and then I passed Tyson, I was on a mission not to be passed back and held him off for most of loop 1.

Then Tyson passed me back near the end of loop 1, I passed him in the pits, he passed me back, then I passed him in the pits leaving for loop 3 and held him off for a minute. He passed me for the final time in the 3 ft whoops about 1/3 of the way into loop 3. I was done.

I'll echo what the others said. Sunday I had a hard time walking due to my calves being so sore. Monday I noticed I have a callus on my ass crack, lol. That's serious monkey butt and I know I wasn't sitting that much because my calves were so sore. Paul pitted me and saved my butt on the second pit with extra water, I downed an entire bottle in the pit and my 2.7 liter camelback on the course. It was my first class win and it was hard earned so it felt that much better.

I'm so stoked to run Price this week. My bike is more dialed than anything I have ever ridden. There were a half dozen places on the course where I was tapped out in 6th gear which is about 75mph! I'm in trouble, desert racing has really got a hold on me now lol.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I find great satisfaction that a few years ago that none of you guys on this Jeep forum raced and I feel like I have had a great influence in corrupting and ruining your lives and pocket books for the rest of your life.