The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

sixstringsteve

Hey Matt, I'm down to putt around thursday as well, but it'd have to be after 5 PM. we could head up cascade springs, or head out west of utah lake, or anywhere else you'd like to try.

Maybe we need an "upcoming dirt biking trips" thread in the ATV/Moto talk section, then we could keep it all on track.

As it stands, I'm planning on hitting hobble creek this saturday. Probably meeting there around 9 AM or so. I'll bring the gopro so you can get an idea of how tough it is to ride.

MattL

I was hoping that "this " thread would be that ""upcoming dirt biking trips"" :)

I am up in slc and it might be a little bit of a drive to make it down south. I also try to organize a Thursday early morning MTB ride. So I might be a bit taxed for it. Id love to go but.... I am going to be putting it on the tentative side of things at this moment.

What is to be expected on the cascade springs ride.

sixstringsteve

i meant an entire section devoted to upcoming trips, like what we have for upcoming wheeling trips. That way the cross talk wouldn't confuse people. But it's cool, I love this thread.

cascade springs is atv 2-track. Not the most challenging or exciting trail, but it's beautiful scenery.

sixstringsteve

Caleb, does AF canyon have anything decent open yet? I saw Stephen's post, but I don't know the trails well enough to know if any fun trails are open yet.

Caleb

Caleb, does AF canyon have anything decent open yet? I saw Stephen's post, but I don't know the trails well enough to know if any fun trails are open yet.
Not currently, from his post it sounds like only 047 is open, which is impossible to get to without using one fo the other (closed) trails. However, as of this friday, it sounds like almost all the trails will be open. Just about everything I rode last year will be open besides 179, which has a couple tough spots anyways.

Caleb

Looking to pick up something else?

Just looking to try something else. If it doesn't sell, I'm completely happy with what I have. Of course I won;t go long without a bike :D I have some ideas for my next bike, but I'm not sold on anything yet.

Found a good map:

http://www.utahvalley.com/!userfiles/Maps/American%20Fork%20Trail%20Map%202.pdf

It looks like 047 isn't even open to dirtbikes?

It looks like that map was put out in 04, I can guarantee it's open. According to that map, 040 and 041 aren't open to bikes either (both of those are the most popular trails that start at tibble fork). I've got a map in front of me (the Moto Vehicle Use Map for the Unita-Wasatch-Cache National Forests) that I got from the forest service website last season that shows all the trails Stephen mentioned as open (to M/C) single track trails.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

AFC would be a blast, but the only problem is opening weekend is always a mad house up there.

So true. Let's stick to hobble creek this weekend. Plus, it's almost 4th of july, so it'll be EXTRA busy up AF canyon.

Last edited:

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I wish I lived closer I'd love to meet up with you guy's :-\ Anyone want to plan something a few weeks out? What about NPLD or other? Greg (if you are reading this) are you planning on coming up with the bike again for that weekend?

AFC would be a blast, but the only problem is opening weekend is always a mad house up there. Also, I may not have a bike come this weekend :p

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=16153183&cat=&lpid=&search=crf450x

:eek: I guess I didn't realize how nice your bike was! What could you possibly replace that with? DONT SAY YAMAHA LOL