The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

Caleb

Lol, thanks guys. I've done a lot to my bike, and like I said, I do love and if it doesn't sell I would be completely happy keeping it. Infact I would consider keeping it and just getting something in addition to it but I don't think the wife would approve that considering we are about to get $10k in concrete work done and we'll be going to Africa in the coming weeks (another $5k in plane tickets alone). So for now, I have to sell in order to get something else.

As for other bikes I'm considering, a ktm 300 (yes 2T :eek: ) is high on my list. Its been 20 years since I rode a 2T so I'm not completely sold on that bike just yet.

Caleb

Link? So that I can learn about the AF singletrack. :)

OK, you can view the PDF directly here and I found that on this page here. The maps you want are 02-B, 02-C, 03-B, and 03-C. (01-B and 01-C could be useful too)

Note, on that page it mentions Motor Vehicle Use Maps are legal documents.

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I wish I lived closer I'd love to meet up with you guy's :-\ Anyone want to plan something a few weeks out? What about NPLD or other? Greg (if you are reading this) are you planning on coming up with the bike again for that weekend?

I'll be up soon (15-17th?) and Caleb is hounding me to bring the WR so we can do some fun riding. I'd be game for Hobble Creek or AF Canyon, preferring AFC. ;) Should give us some time to let the snow melt more and let the higher trails open up.

Last year, NPLD weekend was GREAT for riding. The few years before, the weather was horrible. I'm game to haul the bike up again then, too.

sixstringsteve

I'm going to be riding AF canyon tonight, meeting at my house at 5:30 if anyone wants to join. Yeah, it's opening day, but it's a thursday night, so it should be TOO crowded.

Shoot me a PM if you want to join me, anyone is welcome to come. My house is over by Micron, about 5 miles west of the mouth of AF canyon.

sixstringsteve

I'll be up soon (15-17th?) and Caleb is hounding me to bring the WR so we can do some fun riding. I'd be game for Hobble Creek or AF Canyon, preferring AFC. ;) Should give us some time to let the snow melt more and let the higher trails open up.

I'll just be getting back from scout camp then, so I'll be chomping at the bit to go riding. I'd love to tag along on the 16th.

sixstringsteve

We had a great ride up AF canyon last night. It was a blast. I sprained my wrist, so I won't be riding hobble creek this saturday. Have fun guys!

sixstringsteve

No, it happened right before that. When I was stuck below and you said "just rev it like crazy and slip the clutch." I was struggling to touch the ground enough to kick-start it, and it started tipping over, and I yanked on the bars too hard with my hand, and it sprained it.

I broke my wrist skateboarding years ago, and it gets injured easier than most now.

Caleb

"just rev it like crazy and slip the clutch."

:rofl: Ya know, the last words before my last big wreck were from Corban and they were something along the lines of, "just rev it like crazy and lean back". :p

Also, something I learned (from many get-offs and drops :p) is that I tend to get hurt worse when I try to stop the bike from going down. I find it's easier, I get hurt less, and usually the bike comes out unscathed if I just let the bike go down, gather myself, pick it up and continue on.

Corban_White

Caleb, it took me almost a full 5 minutes to stop laughing long enough to type this. :rofl: For the record, I said that to Steve AFTER the injury. ;)